Agnostic.com

17 24

I don't believe in religion because I believe in humanity

nims 3 Mar 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Precisely

bobwjr Level 10 Mar 19, 2022

I believe in religion, because it clearly exists. Religion permeates and chokes everything, and the religious are everywhere trying to force feed their particular versions of it to all around them. It would be impossible to deny that religion exists. I don't believe any gods exists because nobody has presented evidence to support the idea. There may have been a time when the purpose of religion was to answer abstract questions in the absence of facts, but now the purpose of religion is clearly to push agendas and exert control over others.

Deb57 Level 8 Mar 16, 2022

What an individual believes in is their business as long as they don't force their beliefs on others. Your opinion is as valid as any other.

Betty Level 8 Mar 15, 2022

Not a very logical statement just because humanity created all gods, but hey, if that's what you want to believe in, knock yourself out! I prefer to say that I believe in evidence, logic and common sense, ergo all religions are bullshit.

Neat.

I don't believe in religion because there's no reason to.

Give that a try.

Welcome to the Universe of Reality the place were the Faithfools fear to tread, the Faithless are free to think, etc, without fear of persecution from the Faithfools.

Welcome! Humanity created religion and gods to control people.

But humanity created religion??

Well we all have our faults do we not BUT many have learned from drastic mistakes others made in the past and have since grown and are trying hard to redrss those errors made before.

Why did you make this a question?

@Toonman responding to the original post, stating the obvious

Sorry, but 'humanity' is looking pretty grim these days. Perhaps the problem is an overabundance of humanity.

Oh what a joyous person we are today, cheer up the planet is still turning on its axis, sun still appears to rise in the East and set in the West ( well that is the illusion created by the planet spinning around on its axis btw) you are still breathing are you not.
A little cheering up never hurt anyone fyi.

Not the first time you've achieved that sublime mixture of presumptuous and dumb.

Keep up the good work.

@Toonman Thanks for proving my point.

@JackPedigo

You do have a point.

But thankfully it doesn't show if you wear a really tall hat.

@Toonman I think it might be a good idea to look through the rules of civil interactions on this site.

Hello and welcome, enjoy the site.

I do not "believe in" a lot of things and religion is one of them. For me to word it better I say I do not believe religion. Any religion.

I hope you enjoy your stay here. 🙂

Sounds like you don't know what religion is.

Religion ... pure and faultless is this: to help widows and orphans in need and avoiding worldly corruption. James 1:27

Word Level 8 Mar 14, 2022

What, specifically, do you find about the two to be mutually exclusive?

skado Level 9 Mar 14, 2022

WELL now, since Humanity evolved religious beliefs to TRY to explain those things that in the times when their brains were still evolving ergo, Humanity, i.e. care for and taking care of one another pre-dates ANY belief system/s by thousands of generations.
Does that ANSWER you ridiculous question or need I TRY, for your sake, to put it in words of 2 or less syllables?

WHAT, NO response/come-back to my previous comment @skado, is that because your Grandchild has yet again borrowed your crayons and all your pre-school reader bocks as well?

I would believe in humanity, if not for religion?! 🤷🏻♂️

Welcome.

Welcome to the asylum. Enjoy your stay.

Lately I've been believing less in humanity and feel our species is on the way out.

Same.
Oddly enough, I'm pretty okay with that.

We are….but we were never meant to be eternal anyhow?!🤷🏻♂️

I can’t help but think how much better the world would be without us….🤨

@darren316 Nah. We both get to think whatever we want. It's not up for a vote.
😁

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:655705
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.