Agnostic.com

3 4

Do childfree (should be preferred to childless) couples have better sex. Interesting report from a group of which I have been a long term member show they often do (and I can testify to that simple fact). ” Recently, Pope Francis called childless couples “selfish,” which is neither new nor surprising for a member of the Catholic Church. The Pope will pity those sad creatures, no doubt. But the author of Laudato Si is old enough to know that in 1970, Earth Overshoot Day occurred in December, while by 2019, it had moved back to July. Given the fact that the earth is completely exhausted, it’s high time to improve awareness and access to all forms of contraception and help people make informed choices about their sexual and reproductive health. We should celebrate World Contraception Day on September 26! Especially for women, reproductive rights are highly important and the possibility to terminate an unwanted pregnancy mustn’t die. Female autonomy is crucial and a genuine feminist goal… So which day can we look forward to? What about March 8, International Women’s Day, featuring this year’s theme: Break the Bias. The bias in our case is the Pope’s – and unfortunately not only his! He assumes that childfree people, especially childfree women, are egoistical. The opposite is true. Let’s contribute in the most significant way to the conservation of our amazing planet.” People, especially those of childbearing age need to be aware of this critical issue. [overpopulation-project.com]

JackPedigo 9 Mar 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If you want to know whether or not Pope Francis has better sex you should ask him.

Or little boys that live in Vatican City...

Its probably a numbers game for Pope Francis as he knows that there are 1.2 billion Catholics and 1.7 billion Muslims in the world.

Breaking the deep seated societal programing isn't easy and of course education is key. Education, the bane of religion 😁,

A former partner and I agreed to become Childfree and joined a group in Leavenworth that promoted this idea. We went to lots of meetings and a newsletter was published. There are sooo many subtle (and not so subtle) ways of promoting having more children. Even the media has ways. Notice when someone dies or is killed the number of kids that person had is always the first thing mentioned. TV sitcoms may start out with childfree couples but, sooner or later, they must get married and even have kids. One of my favorite TV shows was "Bones" and the star was a highly knowledgeable, reason based atheist woman. Later she married a good looking, big FBI, Catholic agent and they had a kid. The show went downhill from that point.
I wonder how many couples have kids due to public/family pressure. I suspect more than half.

Just finished watching the new PBS "Around toe World in 80 Days." Being British it was really well done but there was a theme which really culminated in the final episode I think you would love. I know you don't have a TV but maybe you could watch it elsewhere.

@JackPedigo PBS is available for streaming online.

@JackPedigo Bones was one of my favorite TV shows also. I can watch reruns at the clubhouse and yes after the wedding/kid the show went downhill.
I am streaming PBS on the internet! The most recent version on PBS was WONderful!!! I also enjoyed both seasons of All Creatures Great and Small.

@Barnie2years I am aware but prefer to watch it on a little larger screen than my laptop.

@Barnie2years, @silverotter11 There are a lot of new shows and the series "Grantchester" is one of my favorites. It's about how an Anglican priest recognizes he has a talent for solving crimes and helps the local (Cambridge) police. During this time he starts to question religion and end up leaving.

@JackPedigo Like minds . . .I was going to mentioned I started binging Grantchester 2 weeks ago from season one. I'm up to season 4 episode 4. Really enjoying it.😊😊😊

@silverotter11 It's become so popular there will be a season 7. Hmm, I remember someone saying there wasn't anything on TV. lol

@JackPedigo Oh, there is good stuff but before everything could be streamed you had to pay a lot of money for dish or cable TV. It's a 5 dollar a month membership for PBS.
On Peacock TV there are old TV shows for free. I am enjoying watching Miami Vice for the first time. Never saw it back in the 1980s.

@silverotter11 Funny how topics change on this site. I know we had cable and then satellite TV. We paid a lot for crap. I donate to PBS and NPR anyway so why not get something out of it. For Passport services all one needs to do is donate and $5 a month is peanuts. We have Hoople which is provided by our local library. Still, one only gets 5 free shows a month. Roku has free shows but they come with commercials. There are other free streaming but I have enough with the usual Netflix, PBS and Youtube (there's a lot of good free stuff on Youtube).

@JackPedigo Oh Yeah! Too much free stuff to keep me amused. I'll rethink paying for more when the free stuff runs out. 😉

@JackPedigo if you have Roku you can stream PBS on you TV. I do it on my Amazon Fire Stick.

@Barnie2years Thanks, but I already do. I put PBS even ahead of Netflix. Just watched a Frontline report Putin's war 2. Well worth watching. Several years ago there was a 'frontline' report on the company I worked for, KPMG. As the Records Manager for the large office. The crooked things I saw and experienced were covered in the documentary.

@JackPedigo No idea which printing outfit I was working for but I remember we did some printing for KPMG. No memory of what it was we printed - I remember the logo - but I do remember the documentary and the shit hitting the fan.

@JackPedigo I watched that last night too. It made my sphincter tighten a bit! Next week it will be on Nancy Pelosi.

@silverotter11 I was at the center of the mess and it was especially egregious in Seattle. All of a sudden there were secret files that had to be locked away and only the senior managers and partners could access them. When Enron crashed AA went belly up and got divided all over the country except in Seattle. We absorbed the whole office and our numbers more than doubled. Same old crap, secret files being locked away and a consulting arm. We existed for compliance yet had a branch which helped clients find loopholes. PBS only reaffirmed my suspicions. Funny, one senior manager was a young woman and we went to her wedding reception. When she asked me to lock the new files away I asked her about it and she definitely got embarrassed and walked away. Sometimes I wonder how these people could sleep. I actually helped a couple of managers to move out of the firm.

@JackPedigo Damn I remember thinking all that was just more fall out from the de-regulation raygun started.

@silverotter11 It went waaay beyond deregulation hence the expose', a huge fine and the dissolvement of the consulting branch. One trick was to offer what was known as 'opinion letters.' Some individuals, in this case the retirement of the CEO of Nintendo, had large sums of money and needed a place to put it. The firm found some 'investments' and issued a letter saying they had checked the clients portfolio and declared it was on the up and up. If it was not the client would only pay the regular taxes and not any penalties. These letters could cost as much as $1M dollars. The PBS program showed these investments included such things a buying a public transportation system or even sewer system in some European city. The cities needed cash and sold these infrastructures and then paid a regular installment.

@JackPedigo I did read where the repealing of many of the regulations wouldn't matter all that much given the new and creative ways of hiding/moving/investing money.

@silverotter11 One can go to college and enroll in the school of loopholes.

@JackPedigo Did anyone else read "become childfree" and hear a really ominous tone in their head?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:656021
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.