Agnostic.com

4 1

America is "Free", it's just that the politicians think that we citizens are like children who cannot make decisions for ourselves, when it comes to world events.

I am a WORLD citizen first, and American citizen second. Beating the drums of war are the fools who think that we are in "end times" and that it is all pre-ordained by "God". This is what many of the religious people believe.

Archeus_Lore 7 Mar 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Can I point out that both countries can be improved ( and the UK )

Well most of them !

Perhaps NATO should do more than just defend . Displays of hardware look imposing and aggressive on both sides.

Will NATO ever be cuddley?

Do more than defend? They have been doing far more than "defend" for a long time.

@Archeus_Lore Action is required to make the NON-WEST hear rather than just listen about democracy in particular. Culture clash is a big obstacle but I believe it can be overcome by treating it at the person to person level.

@Mcflewster Maybe we should have "Democracy" here before we attempt to spread it around the world. Russia uses the popular vote to elect its president, the USA uses delegates, and a shitload of gerrymandering . . . ever thought of that? The US is NOT a democracy, it is a Republic, in case you did not know . . . it is listed in the CIA factbook as such and in the pledge of allegiance.

How much are oppositional media tolerated in Russia? Have they a prominent equivalent to Fox News going against Biden? So many dissident voices could get away with going against Trump. He dreamt he could quash them all as inept president.

Russia funded RT to “question more” except when it came to turning the same mirror upon Putin. The Russian people are the ones with pervasive media blinders put upon them and risk more by questioning their authority and many are taking that risk. They lack the protections we have in the US, though history has shown imperfections and abuses in our own system. See COINTELPRO.

Julian Assange, Bradly Manning, Edward Snowden. Nothing more needs to be said.

@Archeus_Lore You failed to address my question about oppositional media in Russia. Are you a bot?

@Scott321 I did not address it because I do not dispute it. So what. As I show above, the USA is not innocent as you would like to portray.

@Archeus_Lore Ahem: ”…though history has shown imperfections and abuses in our own system. See COINTELPRO.” Misrepresent others much?

Evil dictators rise up and will be stopped, Russia will be stopped.

So at exactly what moment did Putin transition from Statesman to "evil dictator"? Exactly what moment did Kaddafi of Libya transition from from Statesman to "evil dictator"? How about Syria, where Assad was accused of using illegal gasses on people in his own country, when in the end, a major figure in the US military admitted that Assad never used chemical weapon, and the UN never concluded that he did either? Funny how this "Madman" or "Evil Dictator" label seems to never apply when someone like Saddam Hussain, who DID use poison gasses against Iran, but was considered friendly to the USA, until much later, when suddenly, he became a "Madman" because he opposed US policies . . . . Meanwhile, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman was considered guilty of the murder of journalist Jamal Ahmad Khashoggi, which which was also the ultimate conclusion of the CIA, but the USA is still in bed with him . . .

@Archeus_Lore We are not blind, now the world must stop the murderous fool Putin.

@nogod4me Feel free to join the Ukrainian army and go try to knock him out, since you are so convinced by American propaganda. Maybe you'll get lucky . . . . maybe not. Maybe you'll be seeing a few nuclear weapons flying over your head . . . . Oh, wait, that is just a Russian "bluff" . . . . . forget about it, your probably an expert on Russia, so I'm sure you know what is best.

@nogod4me

@Archeus_Lore As an experiment go to Russia and come up with an anti-Putin slogan equivalent to “Let’s Go Brandon” and start propagating that in a very vocal and prominent manner and see how long you get away with it. If you were a rich oligarch in Russia and spouted off against Putin as Elon Musk has toward Biden I offer you the examples of Vladimir Guzinsky, Boris Berezovsky, or Mikhail Khodorkovsky. How would that work out for you? Marjorie Greene can rant to her heart’s content against Biden as can Ron DeSantis. They haven’t met the fate of Alexei Navalny. The “journalists” of Fox News haven’t died on Biden’s birthday. What date did Anna Politkovskaya happen to die? See an ominous pattern?

@Scott321 Never heard of the Clintons?

@Scott321 BTW, if you knew something about Russia, you would know that it is stupid, extremely stupid, for a foreigner to criticize any country they happen to currently be in, save their own, and Russia is far from an exception in that particular matter, but if you want to experiment, feel free to try it.

@Scott321 It is always interesting when I hear armchair experts talking shit about what should be done, when they do not even understand the culture, language, or norms of the country they are railing against.

@Archeus_Lore Yeah they [Clintons] killed a bunch of people right? Cue Vince Foster, Ron Brown, Seth Rich…OMG! Her emails. Rabbit hole…

And Podesta loved pizza.

@Archeus_Lore So you are an expert on Russia? And evidently a Putin ass-kisser.

@nogod4me I am more knowledgeable with regard to Russia than you are, that is clear. I read and speak Russian, have a good knowledge of their history and culture, and I think it is ignorance and stupidity that drives most Americans to hate after they have listened to the shills in the media talking trash. As for Putin, I think he is a dumb ass because he put up with the American bullshit as long as he did, that does not mean I think he is completely without talent as a statesman, or as an opponent of the American BORG who seem to think that everyone else in the world should think and behave like they do.

@Archeus_Lore Good for you. You are too modest, you are also filled with sycophantic delusions and exaggerations.

@nogod4me Better that than ignorant and stupid.

@Archeus_Lore Again, you are too modest, you are excelling in those traits.

Except that we've seen up close the horrific effects of subversive propaganda. We should hold high principles as our goal, but we also see the need to defend ourselves against those who seek to harm us. We do better to improve the freedom of our own media than to empower the media of those working to undermine our society.

We are doing a very good job of undermining our society by ourselves. When you hide things from citizens about what is going on it the world, and treat them like children, you take away their liberty, and this very thing has been going on as far back as I can remember. Vietnam, Iraq, Libya, Syria, I suppose Grenada was a huge threat too, and oh, fuck, Venezuela!!!! What a huge threat! Oh, yea, and the people of Yemen!!!! They might make you piss your pants!!! When you become scared of your own shadow, you only sew the seeds of your own downfall.

We have our own oligarchs subverting our systems. But to the extent that we can slow down the foreign subversives, we should do so.

@racocn8 Perhaps if you don't want other countries subverting your system, maybe you should stop trying to subvert THEIR system . . . .

@Archeus_Lore I’ve forgotten more about the history of the Vietnam War than you will probably ever know. See Archimedes Patti or Ed Lansdale. We also removed Arbenz and Mosaddegh. Those are red herrings or non sequiturs in relation to Putin’s Russia invading Ukraine. They diminish the heinous nature of the present situation by zero. Take the evil US completely out of the picture and evaluate by looking at it solely by how Ukrainians are being treated now by Russia without the “what about” and tu quoque.

Even add the US, Gipper, and end of Cold War in the picture with East Germany fusing into Germany into NATO and other countries freely joining NATO without being threatened by force by the nefarious Americans (see Hungary 1956 and Czechoslovakia 1968). Quite the opposite. At the same time Hungary and Poland were joining NATO Serbia was being bombed. Friends of Russia? The missile shield Dubya wanted was understandably perceived badly by Putin. Does that justify his subsequent actions over the decades?

How many different US presidents have been elected in the time Putin has amassed power after becoming Yeltsin’s chosen successor? Putin is the poster boy for term limits. Opposing him in Russia comes with dangers. Ask Navalny and Pussy Riot amongst numerous others who have met worse fates. Sure Biden’s opponent Trump could be in legal trouble for so many reasons. In the US the wheels of such justice grind very slowly.

@Scott321 No mention of the bombing of Yugoslavia? Forget something? No threat? Well, let's just set aside that part for now.
US-brokered coup in Ukraine . . . .
Obama admitting his role in the US-supported coup in Ukraine, a war crime. (First video link below).
Victoria Nuland, Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs at the United States Department of State, admits in the second video that the USA supported the Ukrainian coup with 5 billion dollars. Note the Chevron symbol in the background of the video. John McCain (Senator Lovewar himself) and Victoria Nuland were in Ukraine in December 2013 amid the mass anti-government protests. (The third video is of John McCain in Ukraine addressing protesters.) During the visit, McCain met with Ukrainian opposition leaders in the country’s capital of Kiev, voicing his support for the protests, adding that he saw Ukraine’s future with Europe.
Biden's youngest son, Hunter Biden was hired to the board of Burisma Holdings, Ukraine’s largest private gas producer.
The proxy Ukraine war is all about energy. The Eastern part of Ukraine is the major oil and gas producing region of Ukraine accounting for approximately 90 per cent of Ukrainian production and according to EIA (The American Energy Information Administration) may have 42 tcf (trillion cubic feet) of shale gas resources technically recoverable from 197 tcf of risked shale gas in place.
George Soros is heavily invested in Ukraine . . . . to the tune of about one billion dollars.
Obama admits the US-sponsored coup:

Victoria Nuland . . . 5 Billion recently, with Chevron symbol behind her
John McCain in Ukraine addressing protesters

Opppsss, wouldn't want to think about that!

@Scott321 From Der Spiegel, November 26, 2009 :
NATO's Eastward Expansion: Did the West Break Its Promise to Moscow?
What the US secretary of state said on Feb. 9, 1990 in the magnificent St. Catherine's Hall at the Kremlin is beyond dispute. There would be, in Baker's words, "no extension of NATO's jurisdiction for forces of NATO one inch to the east," provided the Soviets agreed to the NATO membership of a unified Germany. Moscow would think about it, Gorbachev said, but added: "any extension of the zone of NATO is unacceptable."
[spiegel.de]

@Scott321

Lindsey Graham and John McCain in Ukraine, encouraging Ukrainian soldiers to fight, with complete disregard for the Minsk agreement. Constantly wringing his hands while he is speaking:
"I admire the fact that you will fight for your homeland. Your fight is our fight. 2017 will be the year of offense. All of us (indicating ¦¦¦ and himself) will go back to Washington and we will push the case against Russia. Enough of a Russian aggression. It is time for them to pay a heaver price. Our fight is not with the Russian people, but with Putin. Our promise to you is to take your cause to Washington, inform the American people of your bravery, and make the case against Putin to the world."
Then John McCain:
"I believe you will win, I am convinced you will win and we will do everything we can to provide you with what you need to win. You have succeeded, not because of your equipment, but because of your courage. So I thank you, and the world is watching. And the world is watching, because we cannot allow Vladimir Putin to succeed here, because if he succeeds here, he will succeed in other countries."
Interesting that McCain is using the old domino theory fallacy, that was used to justify Vietnam.
When the hands are clasp one inside the other and tightly clamped and twisted on each other. It signifies high anxiety, stress or low confidence and is a pacifying behavior.
The Minsk Agreement: Representatives of Ukraine, the Russian Federation, the Donetsk People's Republic (DPR), and the Lugansk People's Republic (LPR) signed the Minsk Protocol, an agreement to halt the war in the Donbass region of Ukraine, on 5 September 2014.
Also, the body language of both of these characters seems to show them as being weak, insecure and timid about what they are doing. In short, they look like a couple of fucking scared-ass old ladies.

@Archeus_Lore I literally said: “At the same time Hungary and Poland were joining NATO Serbia was being bombed.” And you robotically respond: ”No mention of the bombing of Yugoslavia? Forget something?” Serbia was part of Yugoslavia. Geography much?

The amount of material you posted in short time indicates you have that all queued up somewhere. Negative points for playing the evil Soros card.

@Scott321 Points? It's a game? The amount of material I have is indicative of the research I have done, and, I did not hear you refuting any of it.

@Archeus_Lore Ahem…Serbia was part of former Yugoslavia under Tito. Start there.

@Scott321 Another "democracy" created in the name of the USA, only they seem to have forgotten that they are not a democracy themselves.

@Archeus_Lore You held that I had’t mentioned bombing of Yugoslavia when I had mentioned bombing in Serbia. Are you retracting that silently?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:656110
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.