Agnostic.com

4 8

Just saw a news item and had to share. Holy crap. Maybe the war has taken so long not because the Ukrainians are so good but the Russians soooo bad,

JackPedigo 9 Mar 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What really puzzles the shit outta me? Most of the NATO countries have to know this, if not then our intell is as bad as Russia's war machine appears to be.
When Shrub2 claimed we needed to go after Saddam because of WMDs, it looks like myself, my ex SO and the one congress person that voted against going into Iraq were the only 3 people on planet earth that knew for sure and for certain there were NO WMDs.
🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I agree and it seems funny that 'intell' is often governed by what we want or not want to find. I remember when Patty Murray went to Iraq on a fact finding mission she was branded as being a traitor for supporting Saddam. Sometime intell. is based on telling people what they want to hear.

Splendid.

Without the missiles, most being fired from outside Ukraine, and their air power, Russia would be getting their asses handed to them.

Russia went to war with Japan in 1905 and lost badly. The Czar was told no more wars but he got the country involved in WWI. That was his end and instead of continuing the fight against the Germans they fought themselves. In WWII they were again losing and without massive aid from the US they would have lost again. After the fall of the Soviet Union technicians went into the country to evaluate their equipment and many said it was pure shit. One made a comment, and we thought this was a super power!!? It is a huge country with half the population of the US. It is cold with few, if any, warm water ports. It's greatness only lies in it's ego and craziness of it's insane dictators.

@JackPedigo crazy dictators require the cooperation of a significant number of crazy citizens, Trump being proof that we escaped a similar fate and are not out of the woods yet. Russia is a huge country, but made up of many cultures. Just as Iraq and Libia needed heavy handed dictators to rule those separate cultures through fear, Russia with a Democratic government could easily fracture. Same with China. All countries have histories of warfare, both internal and external. External enemies are often used to avoid internal conflicts. I think that is much of what is going on now in Russia

Putin threw many of his soldiers to the wolves.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:657155
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.