Agnostic.com

6 15

Americans are bad at estimating the percentage of members that belong to any group. We tend to grossly overestimate percentages that belong to a minority and grossly underestimate percentages that make up a majority. I wonder if that has something to do with christians and their persecution complex

OldMetalHead 9 Mar 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not surprised with the inability of some Americans to see the truth of just about anything. I guess the word discernment isn’t in their vocabulary.

3% of Americans are atheist?

@OldMetalHead

"Census records can provide the building blocks of your research. The first Federal Population Census was taken in 1790, and has been taken every ten years since. Because of a 72-year restriction on access to the Census, the most recent year available is 1940. The 1950 Census will be released on April 1, 2022."

lol

I wonder how many people really believe in woo.

How could you leave out:

Have been killed by police in the past year: 0.000316061%

BD66 Level 8 Mar 24, 2022

My guess is it’s just a human thing. Not unique to any nation or religion. Very similar to the human tendency to judge outgroups by their worst members, and one’s own group by its best members.

skado Level 9 Mar 23, 2022

interesting info though!

Diaco Level 7 Mar 23, 2022

@OldMetalHead Awesome, thanks for the link

You could be right. I'm finding so many that believe they are persecuted for something.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:657261
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.