Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK Arizona lawmakers vote to restrict trans athletes, surgeries

(It seems that republicans just don't want people to have autonomy over theior own bodies whether it is about abortion or gender reassignment. They seem to be very much against personal freedom in general.)

PHOENIX ✈ — The Arizona Legislature passed bills Thursday to prohibit gender reassignment surgery for minors and ban transgender athletes from playing on girls sports teams, joining a growing list of Republican-controlled states attempting to restrict transgender rights as they gain more visibility in culture and society.

Republican Gov. Doug Ducey has not said whether he will sign either bill. Two GOP governors this week bucked conservatives in their party and vetoed bills in Indiana and Utah requiring trans girls to play on boys sports teams.

snytiger6 9 Mar 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No shit! Corporate freedom to rob and steal, but no personal freedom to enjoy your life unless you want to live sad and fearful lives like they do.

Arizona make my top 5 of fucked up states. I'm sure it made others top lists as well.

Hmm... Let's see....

West Virginia
Kansas
Idaho
Mississippi
Florida
Alabama
Louisiana
Texas
Indiana
Arizona

Well, not in any particular order, it does make the my top ten.

You believe gender reassignment surgery for minors is a good thing?

You believe this is a good thing:

BD66 Level 8 Mar 25, 2022

I don't really consider sports competitions to be either eimportant or significant enough to require anti-trans legislation.

Before being approved for surgeries, a trans person has to go through a great deal of evaluation to be sure it is right for him/her. So, no I don't see anything wrong with it.

One of my nephew's college friends from when he attended USC is trans and it staying with us while she gets herself established in the area.

@snytiger6 You may not consider sports to be important enough, but the female athletes being defeated by athletes with XY chromosomes certainly do.

I have nothing against an adult male becoming an adult female if they are old enough to make that decision, however I have a huge problem with adult males attempting to take a large portion of the medals and prize money intended for female athletes.

@BD66 I have a friend with an XXY chromosome combination. Gender is not as clear cut as many people would like to think.

"Arizona lawmakers are morons"

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:657571
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.