Agnostic.com

1 2

Will Smith Mocks A Bald Guy On Arsenio

Oh it's a joke! Come on!

barjoe 9 Mar 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A bald guy who has Male Pattern Baldness, and/or too much testosterone?
.Or a guy patchy-bald from a devastating illness?
BIG difference, HUGE!

Same people who justify Putin's attacks with others' Wars!

What devastating illness would that be? Jada Pinkett doesn't have a devastating illness. She has Alopecia. Suffers from hair loss. If it's okay to make jokes about bald men, it's okay to make jokes about bald women.

@barjoe 'fraid not. For millenia, a woman's hair has been considered part of her value, because her value has traditionally been measured by her ability to attract a partner. Bad hair, or no hair has an emotional meaning for a woman that no man can possibly fathom. This goes a thousand times deeper for a woman of color with genetically tight curls. They have been told for centuries that their hair is unattractive, are limited as to how they can control their hair and make it attractive, deal with sometimes extreme discomfort in the process of making it attractive, and are still often ostracized and marginalized for the hair choices they make. Women literally lose jobs because an employer doesn't like their hair. Now, if you figure in an illness that affects both comfort and appearance, that can be traumatic under such circumstances. Imagine if your career hinged on your looks. You don't get to decide what someone else finds devastating. Judging others by your own standards and experiences is usually a mistake.

@Deb57 Technically almost all people's lots of things depends partly on looks. Countless studies have been done highlighting this fact. But let's not pretend Jada is some poor downtrodden woman struggling to make ends meet that has to bite her tongue to keep her minimum wage job. She is an ultra-rich celebrity that was attending a glamorous gala (that has a long history of looking fun at members of the Hollywood elite I might add) of a bunch of the upper class, circle jerking to how awesome they all are while the rest of the world is burning.

@Deb57 Vanity comes in all genders. Some men dealt with it, shave their heads. Some men go to hair club for men, toupees, hair plugs, transplants. I'm not judging Jada Pinkett either. I'm judging Will Smith. Chris Rock did NOTHING wrong. He tells jokes.

@JeffMurray okay. Now mansplain to me how far Jada would have gotten in her career if she looked like an ordinary woman. Even an ordinary white woman. Know who looks like an ordinary white woman? Susan Boyle. Even with her terrific voice, her career lasted about 15 minutes. And she doesn't have problems with her hair.

@barjoe Chris Rock punched down. That's always a shitty move. Both men behaved badly.

@Deb57 That joke was approved, probably written by award show writers. He definitely read that off a teleprompter. Chris Rock did what he's paid to do. He told a joke. A mild joke.

@barjoe I'm judging Jada. I fuckin' hate that kind of manipulative bullshit. Will was laughing before that cuntface gave him an evil look. Physical violence shouldn't ever be the response to words. And what the fuck makes her so fucking special that her flaws are so off-limits to joke about that people deserve to be physically assaulted for mentioning them? That's some shit kings and dictators do. Fuck that bitch. Because of her pettiness, so many people in the world know how much of a total pile of shit she is. I do not follow gossip. At all. But as a result of this I learned the reason she can't speak up for herself is because her mouth is frequently too full of her son's friend's cock to talk. I probably would have gone the rest of my life not knowing that if she had been a rational fucking adult.

@JeffMurray I know people on this site hate Howard Stern but I love him. Here's his quote. "Where's security? This is a live television event. Not one person came out because he's Will Smith. This is how Trump gets away with shit. Will Smith and Trump are the same guy."

@Deb57
I don't really give a fuck how far she would have gotten. Whatever we could speculate on that would still have nothing to do with what transpired. And as I already said, looks matter for most things for most people. It's a fact. If you happen to have an extraordinary talent, a one in a million skill, however, that's probably an exception to that rule. For instance, if LeBron James was ugly, no one sitting in his home court stands would give a single fuck while he was out there being the greatest basketball player of all time and winning championships. Come to think of it, though, acting is also part of that category. How hot is Kathy Bates exactly? She's an INCREDIBLE actress. She's got Emmys, Oscars, SAG Awards, all coming out of her ears. She could lose every hair on her body and her acting chops would still put asses in seats. It's been over three goddamn decades, and I still get chills when I play scenes from Misery in my head. It's actually kind of absurd you'd try to make this point (that would be very poignant for a business woman) about an actress. Of course, maybe you would need to make that argument for Jada because she's a piss poor actress. Maybe the only reason that pile of shit ever even got a job at all was because she used to look good.

Also, even if she didn't have a career at all she'd still be sitting on half of Will Smith's $350 MILLION dollars, so my point still stands. She doesn't need to bite her tongue or swallow her pride (again, probably difficult with all those dicks she's swallowing) so those arguments don't really hold any water.

@JeffMurray I despise Jada. None of this is about her. This is about two men behaving badly. Based on all the misogyny you just got done spewing here, let's make that three.

@Deb57 I strive to not be misogynistic. Can you explain how what I said displayed contempt for women instead of a single person who happens to be a female/woman so I can make some changes?

@JeffMurray how about you explain to me why you think using the C-word is "striving not to be misogynist." Do you also use the N-word and claim to not be racist?

@Deb57 I call men cunts ALL THE TIME. Actually much more frequently than women. It has nothing to do with all women. Watch some British comedy and you'll see it's not a sex or gender thing (unlike your comparison to the N word, which I think that comparison is probably pretty offensive in its own right to people of color). Unless you personally think "cunt" is only for women for some reason? That seems kind of sexist though.

"People offended by the C word would hear it a lot less if they didn't go around acting like such cunts." - Ricky Gervais

@JeffMurray and because it doesn't offend YOU to use the word, women need to "get over it," I suppose. Thanks for clarifying. Testosterone poisoning is a serious matter that does lots of damage, boys and girls.

@Deb57 Here's the thing, there's practically nothing in this world you can't find at least one person would be offended by, so if you use the metric 'If it's offensive to anyone, you can't say it' then no one could say anything, ever. It is my personal philosophy that how offensive a word is, is directly proportional to the plight suffered by the group the word is meant to malign. The fact that you think 'cunt' is as bad as the N word is shockingly dismissive of what African Americans have suffered. Additionally, as I stated, 'cunt' isn't exclusive to women. In some areas (like Australia and New Zeeland) cunt is almost exclusively used for men. And in other areas of the world it's not very offensive at all. Overall, it's mostly used to "up the ante" as the next step on a "euphemism treadmill" if you know what that means. The fact that you get so offended by it when there's no real reason for you to is on you. But I have nothing against women and accusing me of it because of your hangup is pretty shitty. Furthermore, alienating men who have always been champions of women's causes just because you don't like a word is pretty self-sabotaging. You've conversed with me before. Did I ever seem unreasonable to you before? Did I ever seem misogynistic to you before? If so, I'd love to know what else makes you think that. If not, maybe it's worth it to take a step back and see if it's really appropriate to write someone off simply because they said 'cunt'.

@barjoe It was most likely approved. Gervais said in an interview he wouldn't accept an Oscar gig is because he likes the freedom of the Globes where he can tell whatever jokes he wants.

@JeffMurrayre the C word: I worked in a shipyard with 20,000+/- men for 13 years, & have heard it all.(Not always directed at me, just spewed) And have used lots of epithets myself, in fact pride myself on my "vocabulary".
But I have Never used "cunt" nor allowed it to be used around me.
The analogy to the N word is exact!
(On the other hand, i was the boss of old-time Italian guy, who was Very upset when women were first hired into the shipyard: "We shoulda had that cunt in charge 20 years ago".....iMO a Damn Fine compliment!!
But he didn't know I heard him say it.....!

@JeffMurray take a poll. It's as inappropriate for a man to use the C-word as it is for a white person to use the N-word. And no, you're right, this is the first time I've ever seen your bully side, but it's certainly not the first time a man has taken a while to let the mask drop. My last husband pretended to be somebody he wasn't for 16 years.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:658193
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.