Agnostic.com

8 25

A personal rant at the expense of the depraved and delusional cult of the Christian right.

I am a person long familiar with being coerced into Christianity.
I remember the attempts of wandering groups of Christians in the Navy to gang save me.
After all my friends fell for it I decided to play along, just to keep hanging with them.
Ultimately I learned every argument, and studied the Bible deeply and realized you pretty much make anything in there sound like anything you want it to sound like.

The net effect changed everyone's personalities and in my estimation nothing sums up the attitude like how many times they quote
Mathew 12:30
He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

I prefer it at it's printed in
Mark 9:40
for whoever is not against us is for us. 41 Truly I tell you, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to the Messiah will certainly not lose their reward.

Fundamentalist don't even know this verse exist. So if you're a bit different or culturally isolated, or just a bit weird or educated enough to see through all the cultural BS and you still leave me alone to live my harmless life then thank you, it's all I asked for.

However Christianity is a bunch of terrible philosophy designed to evolve into cults. We see full grown people offended on TV because they've self identified as prophets, which is a considerably bigger stretch than self identifying as a gender people didn't assume you'd identify with. So trans-gender people are the one's that aren't facing reality where famous people get rich telling us that God shares secrets with them, "God told me!" is less credible then the nursery rime about the cow jumping over the moon. So the next time your God gets around to telling you something stupid remind his senile old ass to tell everyone else otherwise it's a comedy bit that begs for us to hurt your stupid feelings if you don't stop trying to con and dominate us.

More and more of us aren't ever going to buy into it again.

This is my theme song for ex Christians sick of it all and walking away.

Willow_Wisp 8 Apr 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Being asked for a credit card to watch the video, no thanks

Love your attitude! Keep on keeping on!! 🤗

Christianity is not some sort of 'spiritual' belief. It is about gaining power and being at the top of the pecking order. In an age of shrinking resources and increasing competition some groups are doing and saying whatever they can to undermine other tribes - non tribal members, women and children. Only those at the top will get what they need to live.

I've No More Fucks to Give

Ryo1 Level 8 Apr 7, 2022

Lyrics:
I've tried, tried, tried, and i've tried even more
I've cried, cried, cried, and I can't recall what for
I've pressed, i've pushed, i've yelled, i've begged
In hopes of some success
But the inevitable fact is that it never will impress!
I've no more fucks to give
My fucks have runeth dry
I've tried to go fuck shopping but there's no fucks left to buy!
Though more fucks i've tried to get
I'm over my fuck budget, and i'm now in fucking debt!
I strive, strive, strive, to get everything done
I've played by all the rules, but i've very rarely won
I've smiled, i've charmed, i've wooed and laughed, alas to no avail
I've run round like a moron, to unequivocally fail!
I've no more fucks left to give
My fuck fuse has just blown
I've been hunting for my fucks all day
But they've upped and fucked off home!
My fuck rations are depleted
I've rallied my fuck army but it's been fucking defeated!
The effort has just not been worth the time or the expense!
I've exhausted all my energy, for minimal recompense!
The distinct lack of acknowledgement has now begun to gall!
And i've come to realize that I don't give a fuck at all!
My fucks have flown away
My fucks are now so fucked up they've refused to fucking stay!
My fucks have gone insane
They've come back round and passed me while they're fucking off again!
My fucks have all dissolved
I've planned many projects, but my fucks won't be involved!
My fucks have all been spent
They've fucked off from the building
And I don't know where they've went!
I've no more fucks to give!
I've no more fucks!
I've no more fucks!

Ah, my mantra! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I might not have used these words but they expressed my attitude when I walked out of Sunday school at age 9! Never went back. Yay me!

@Garban Thanks...it wasn't easy but eventually they stopped chasing me.

Religion in the military, yuck. I had a Navy Chief who "couldn't bring himself to join us for a beer in the Philippines because his Jesus voice said no." Other than that, my friends all smoked a lot of weed. Drugs were popular. The religious guys un my division didn't say much - and few practiced.

I made friends with one of the IC petty officers and he invited me over for a "twig" meeting.
It was a total cult, not Christianity but based on it.
Then came the fundamentalist in the early 80's.
Then it got worse.

@Willow_Wisp You were in after me (76-81), how was the drug situation? Testing for pot back then was too costly, so weed was common. Pot tests are dirt cheap now. Of course, in different divisions speed was popular as they worked odd and sometimes very long hours. There was some cocaine use - pilots used that and speed. From what I read now-a-days and from talking with current military, the government gives out speed sometimes (drugs that work like speed). We had occasional "health and welfare" checks; officers would go through our belongings looking for bugs and dangerous items (basically a way to search for drugs). My division was perfect for almost 2 years; my LT would give me a heads up on impending searches; such a perfect division got him sent to Princeton law school on the Navy's dime. First search after he left - 6 guys got busted, 2 for drugs and 4 for appropriated items.

@Beowulfsfriend I was in from 76 to 83, so the Navy wasn't just a job, it really was an adventure. I had a T with "NAVY It's not a job..." with a joint under the slogan. Nuke's did 6 years of active duty.

I like he song, think I will use it as a ring tone. I don't know for whom, but?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:659498
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.