Agnostic.com

12 0

Do Governments do more harm than Good?

Governments have certainly have done more harm to me than good. Brocken dreams and green vs. synthetics.

How about you?

Castlepaloma 8 Dec 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As long as capitalism is assumed government must exist to protect its citizens and the environment from the excesses of capitalism. Under regulated capitalism, what we have now, is too destructive and unregulated capitalism, what most would consider libertarianism, is evil in its destructiveness. The etiology of capitalism is growth for the sake of growth. That is also a pretty good description of cancer. If we have to have capitalism then we need to lessen the harm of its insatiable hunger. We as individuals don't have the power to rein in capitalism but we as a representative government do have that power. Then it's just a very difficult balancing act.

We had capitalism under control and it was a great profit for the people. It is corperationism has taken over world with worst diseases mankind has ever known.

Good question. Define Government. Sorry if I was ranting a bit, fearless me. I am not name calling or putting down people. Just we the people have allowed yourselves to be living in to fictional world.

Is the US Government a real Government?
Or is it
Oligarchy
A form of power structure in which power rests with a small number of people. These people might be distinguished by nobility, wealth, family ties, education or corporate, religious or military control.

Like a Corperation empire, like the British empire that was once was. We are being run by fear more than love again. Every 30 or 80 years the power of the people must be taken back.

I'm not sure I understand the harm you've experienced, and I'm truly sorry for whatever pain suffered, but I think there's an overwhelming net good from government, despite it not being perfect and some forms of government being ruthless. if you want to see what a society no longer managed by effective government looks like, observe the violence and chaos of a place like Somalia.

An organized body of people with a particular purpose, especially a business, society, association, etc.
the action of organizing something.

It can be done dozens of ways and it would not require a major Government that steal from the poor to give to the wealthiest and creates a false democracy. Local or small Governments can work.

The Government have been the only ones who destroyed a few of my business with a magic wand without good reason. Mainly because what I do and my products could not be coded by the wealthy and they could not complete.

You're shifting the goalposts now.

Somalia has a President, over the Government, yet Presidents are of Corperations, not countries like the US.

It is one thing to find middle grounds with agnostic compared to 85 percentage of the world being religious. That is like finding the the Wizard of Oz behind the curtain. We are dealing with a 5000 year old wicked witch that keeps moving the goal post who plays by no rules or reason. The main source of evil.

Without government someone would come and take over and be a dictator. Any organized group is some kind of government. They are governed by the strong. I would sooner have some sort of democracy that looks out for those that can't look out for themselves than a dictatorship, an oligarchy, a kingdom or whatever. Seven billion people can't live without organization and that means government. Scandinavia seems to do a pretty good job.

gearl Level 8 Dec 5, 2017

The government's job should be to protect individuals. They definitely don't do that. I have to say they do more harm than good at this point.

When do you think it will get better?

I used to be political ,but I now realise that all politics is best left to others. I do believe however we are ruled by ignorant politicians who do not understand money creation.

This lack of understanding caused many of our problems today....i.e,financial crashes, boom and bust economic cycles,inequality,pollution and austerity.

For reasons in detail see below .The main reason being that commercial banks create nearly all our money via lending. The state can and should do this on our behalf but we have sold our money creation powers to the private banking sector and so we must pay interest to gain access to it.

[positivemoney.org]

When you call out Government you first get alot of dislike.

Yet, deep down they just know how to solve the problem of an illegitimate Government.

Good for you.

So what is the answer? Go back to local tribes with some chief as leader? The problem with we the people is that when the people get too large and diversified, governing all the separate self-interests becomes what we have now; polarization, poor distribution of resources and a crumbling life support system.

All Government are corrupted in different degrees.

The only true leaders throughout human history has been the collectively consciousness of the people who when are greatly abused, then change it. Not Religion or the Government and worst NOT NWO or NATO. You stick with them they will continue wipe their back sides with your Constitution and US dallors like toilet paper. The wealthiest will never care if you live or die.

We can stave to them to death working everything privately rather than public liable for debt to them for life in turn means slavery.

Your view is jaundiced. You lump all governments in one basket of bad eggs. Governments can do a huge amount of harm but can also do a great deal of things which enable our freedom and well-being of us and our environment.

It is up to us to act strongly and consistently to make sure that our government is one which truly serves all of our people. You can't sit on the s9delines and carp. If you do, you are enabling bad government.

The more taraitorism a Government is, the worst the Government corrupted it is.

People would be happier living privately than being slaves and owning debt carried on by your Children lives. They are born 50,000 in debt, then student loans, then a house owns you, you are liable living in public to them pass your death.

I don't know what "raraitarism" is. Never hear od the word (?). The rest of your response is just random carping. Trying stringing together thoughts so that you come out with a coherent statement.

Generally, ‘Government’s are us.’ They are ‘us’ doing our best to look out for ourselves. This constant/ continuous crap about everything wrong in the world being the fault of “Gubment” is exactly what those who really would/ do control us want us to think. They want us to act contrary to our best interests.

Nobody likes laws or rules, but they are the limits we place on ourselves in order to function as a society.

Varn Level 8 Dec 4, 2017

Most people, ( 80?)don't like the Government. Goverments are mercenaries for the greedy and wealthiest. They threw us overboard 40 years age along with the natural environment.

Adverage person pays more in taxes than in food and rent, that is stealing in my books. Authorities kill and murder more than the public actions do.

I have been told I am crazy for thinking the people collectively can and must in the near future do a much better job than the Government. (Volunteerism , we do this with the Government anyways.

I have only two rule be honest and do not harm. The US military, worldwide Corperations and Government broken those two rule more than anybody or group.

I like rules and laws when they make good sense.

For example. They made a law in 1936 over a plant call cannabis. Back then there was 50 thousand users, today there are 160 million users. Now what is the score on the war on drugs?. Cannabis is the most useful and productive plant in world history. This law or rule makes no sense in my books.

Don't let a misspelled word, make it all incoherent.
traitorism (usually uncountable, plural traitorisms)

traitorous behaviour; treachery.

The system is rigged, if anyone enjoys wars, unlivable wages , and a dying planet than continue thinking Trump is proof Governments are getting better.

Trump is proof of us neglecting our own welfare. Of allowing at least 30 years of far-wrong propaganda to lesson our resolve to vote for the superior candidate. When we’re complacent, we get what we deserve - bad government due to bad leadership…

Trump has been selected by our owners. Who puppet him and all of them. They sell out all the Presidents and script them what to say. Remember, Congress has more power.

Trump is a front man for Rothschilds and Rockefellers, a broken heart for the right.

this picture sums them up

Whether we like it or not conmmunities have some form of government-formal or informal. What comes to mind is a wagon train of settlers heading west back when. The wagon train master woud be the unofficial leader of the group. He would set rules where they would stop to rest, how many miles they would cover in a day, what penalties would be enforced and who would be chosen by appointment or vote to administer that punishment. This is only one example of how we live with governing in a group/community.

Living with family, group and community is Great. Better without the Mafia Government telling how you must live.

I don't think horse and wagon day people were smarter than we are today. When the adverage lifespan was age 45 worst with biblical people age 28, they died by great hardship.

The military troops and Justice system police are the most employed employees of all Corperations in the world today. With a license to steal and kill, and scale of group. It harms our freedom and our security greater.

It would be impossible for humans to live in large communities without government. Government helps keep the peace within large societies.

That beign said, government can be harmful or helpful depending on the agenda(s) of the people in charge. Many policies can be both good and bad at teh same time depending on your perspective and how it affects you personally.

I have visited many self substainable communities, even anarchist communities have impressed me more than any nations Governments. Been to over 100 countries, had to abandoned my 3 eco villages projects due to the Government telling me living off the corporate grid is illegal.

Goverments in Canada own the rain water.They own you and even the waterways to your Mother birth canal, they own you from birth to death plus taxes. If you don't volunteer to them, they have other debtor or enslaved methods. Nobody owns me, not even myself.

The point I was trying to make is that government is needed when dealing with people in large scale communities.

I think people who live in smaller communities are generally happier, but small communities are much more vulnerable to natural disasters. There are both advantages and disadvantages, but for large scale communities you need governments to manage them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6596
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.