Agnostic.com

2 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ethanol has a corrosive effect on fuel tanks and other components, see link

[mcnallyinstitute.com]

@Garban Esso launches Synergy Supreme+ 99 premium petrol (and currently it’s ethanol-free)

I heard I was going to have trouble when I bought my 1996 tiny Winnebago with a 1995 VW 4-stroke gas engine. Beause "ethanol would kill it"
. Never has had anything but ethanol gas (Regular grade gas) in it, still starts & runs like a top with simple regular oil change &, normal maintenance.
Nor has our little cult of Rialta owners had any ethanol-caused problems and many units are topping 200,000 miles.

@AnneWimsey @AnneWimsey It could be that the problems that occurred with vehicles that were made between specific years but there is no information in the article about it other than vehicles manufactured before 1993. I recall reading a similar article last year in which it was mention that vehicles made in 2003 experienced problems with using fuels that contain ethanol, who knows?

MSNBC without Rachel Maddow is the beginning of the end for that network. She is the star that has the ratings and does research without whining.

@Garban I like him but she is the star. They are nothing without her.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:660657
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.