Agnostic.com

5 12

LINK David Barton is spreading a new lie about churches and the Constitution

Christian pseudo-historian David Barton has made a career out of twisting and distorting the words of the Founding Fathers and the Bible itself in defense of Christian nationalism, homophobia, and bigotry. Now he’s doing it again with the Constitution.

He’s such an egregious Christian liar that he claimed to have an earned Ph.D. that was later revealed to be a hoax. And he once wrote a book about Thomas Jefferson that was so full of misinformation that his Christian publishers pulled the book from the shelves, saying, “There were historical details — matters of fact, not matters of opinion, that were not supported at all.” (The book was ironically titled The Jefferson Lies.)

snytiger6 9 Apr 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oooohhh, a role model for our own @CourtJester.

Be nice. Many of the conservatives on this site are just unaware that although they left religious belief behind, they have kept a lot of religious based cultural dogmatic beliefs and still act on them. Kind of like a "dry drunk" may no longer drink, but he/she will keep all the behaviors they developed while drinking, even though they no longer need them to justify their drinking.

In recent years, and especially after Trump entered politics, conservatives have gotten a lot worse, as they insist you adopt all conservative viewpoints, or you get shunned, kicked out of the republican party, and/or attacked i primaries. So, nonbelievers are coerced into adopted a lot of beliefs based in religion, even though they themselves don't believe, because if htey don't they get kicked out and/or shunned by other conservatives. Republicans have gone to the extreme of a "you're either with us or against us" mentality.

If a person has invested most of their life to a party, even if the party become irrational, as republicans have, they will still follow them off the cliff, because not belonging, and having to admit they were wrong, just does not seem like an option, as it would seem most of their life was wasted.

That is what I tell myself anyway about how nonreligious persons can take unscientific and irrational stances on issues, based in religion instead of on science.

I think I may sympathize because I was raised to be a conservative religious republican and it was difficult to leave, not because I didn't know it was all wrong, but because a lot of my early life was wasted and I had to admit to myself I was wrong, and my parents, who were still living them, as well as half my siblings, were also wrong

@snytiger6 I'm sorry, i was referring to the guy on here who, to try & make his ideas/opinions important, has claimed to be a Pharmacist, an MD, and lately to have a PhD.
When called out about it, his reply was " Well at least I graduated High School, in Georgia that's really something."
Truth at last i guess....

Warms my heart that you think about me so much. Kisses to you too.

@AnneWimsey I was just aware that he takes a very far right conservative stance, I had not seen his claims of being a pharmacist and doctor. That definitely negates most of the sympathy I may have had for him.

Soem people are just assholes and enjoy upsetting others.

Whats scary is people listen to him and believe what he says.

David Barton "...claimed to have an earned Ph.D. that was later revealed to be a hoax."

Isn't this all we really need to know about him?

Doesn’t matter to Evangeloonies what’s twisted or what’s the truth. They never cared about that.

What matters is that it fits into their ‘belief in miracles or the supernatural’.

He is just another religious tool and fool.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:660807
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.