Agnostic.com

16 2

LINK Waffle House Killer’s Mother: Schools Without Prayer Cause Mass Shootings – Friendly Atheist

Religion is madness, plain and simple. When will basic safety measures be implemented on gun ownership?

Surfpirate 9 Apr 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There's a great meme, which I cannot find at the moment, which asks why didn't prayer/religiosity stop all those priests from molesting all those children, many in church I presume. Here is another great one:

The guy who flooded the whole Earth is going to inspire her son not to shoot innocent strangers? Hey bible-thumpers: who's the weird one?
Yours Truly,
An Atheist who hasn't killed anyone

Every gun should have a unique individual serial number. It should be illegal to posess a gun without a serial number. Guns without serial number should either be branded with a serial number and registered to it’s owner’s name or be confiscated and destroyed. Every gun should be registered to someone’s name. The owners of guns should be held responsible for the proper use of their guns. It is estimated that there are 300 million guns it the US. There are a billion computers in the world, each with a distinctive serial number. Serial numbers on guns is perfectly doable. There are about 265 million registered cars in the U S. Register all guns to someone’s name is perfectly doable. Any questions?

I don't think this was a religious killing. It looks more like a mental illness problem for the son, and a parenting problem for the father. What do you think?

The violence of faith and bibles begin with circumcision torturing baby boys strapped to a board and 4 square inches of highest sensitive flesh clamped and sliced off causing the victim to shudder waves of pain for hours thereafter with betadyne soaking the circumference bleeding wound compounded by urine soaked diapers creating scar tissue robbed of natural sensitivity. ...the patriarchy teaching male entitlement feelings girls are brainwashed into submit to male ownership. ...this horrific culture frequently produces criminal acting out. ....until faiths are repudiated like cannibalism is shamed into taboo. ...religious violence will continue erupting

Will there be guns in heaven?

If it is a god-given right, I am sure there will be.

Yep but they'll be imaginary like everything else in heaven.

so what about the church shootings? These people want someone else to fix the problem without giving any of their time or heaven forbid their gun rights.

No doubt some wit will suggest it was the wrong church, oops, did I just say that. 😀

Now we know where he got his idiocy from. Stupid people really do need to think twice about procreating. I guess it doesn't work that way though. Besides, didn't she teach him about prayer in the home being that she's so religious?

How does that work exactly?

Not very well apparently. 😉

Once again, it's someone else's responsibility to teach my child to be a good person.

I'm sure her whole "lack of prayer in schools argument would hold water if he had not been home schooled ????

I have a brother on a school board and he tells me that it is not against the law to pray in school it is just against the law to make you pray.

Pardon my language (or don't-doesn't matter), but that stupid C U Next Tuesday can kiss my dimpled white ass. Her son is a murderer, and she's partially responsible. She didn't see to it that he got the mental health assistance he so desperately needed, and she didn't stop her idiot husband from giving him back the guns which were taken from him.
She doesn't have a shred of credibility.
Both parents should do jail time for aiding and abetting.

The dad should definitely be held responsible because he aided and abetted. The mom failed supply proper care but since he is no longer a minor she won't face any charges. Many christian sects deny the existence of mental illness, blaming it on sin or demonic possession, all very medieval and it explains why so many don't get the help they need with their mental health.

@Surfpirate Yeah, I'm aware, but I do not care. I don't respect their delusions.

@KKGator Definitely a through the looking glass kind of reality. Off with their heads. 😀

I figured it all out. When you have prayer in a public school (or religious displays on public land), they act like a magnet for God. Pray at home or in a church, and for some mysterious reason your prayers are not as powerful. If that sounds strange, remember that God is so huge and vast and all knowing that we can't possibly comprehend him. So there!

And because there is no prayer in public schools, God wasn't able to tell that father not to give back guns o his deranged son. "Sorry, can't do anything, No prayer in public schools," God was reported to have said.

There you go again, using logic!

Logic over prayer!!! Logic over prayer??? No wonder this world is such a mess!!!

Interesting how she is blaming lack of prayer in school rather than saying a word about family environment. And wondering if mom and dad ever tried to get him mental health help. I certainly hope dad goes to jail for returning the guns to Travis. Which for me gives rise to another issue. Why does the law allow confiscated guns to be given to family or friends? If they are confiscated they should be in the hands of the police or sheriff.

My brother's wife committed suicide with her rifle and the RCMP returned the gun to my brother who has mental health issues and had wanted to commit suicide after her death. I spoke with the officer about this and he said that he had no choice in the matter, the law is the law and this is in Canada where we have tougher gun laws.

@Surfpirate That is very sad and I am sorry for your loss. I used to work in the domestic violence field and letting abuser spouse give the guns to his brother for "safe keeping" never worked

I'm thinking Mom and Dad should go to jail too. Didn't Dad give him back his guns? MAGA! What a nice Trump family.

jeffy Level 7 Apr 25, 2018

The Dad did give back the guns after he promised the police that he wouldn't. No doubt that the NRA will back him up so he escapes justice.

I'm so DAMNED tired of people blaming the lack of religion in public schools for every horrific thing which happens!

When one looks at the horrific things done in the name of religion it's ironic that some people still think that it is the solution and not the problem.

@Surfpirate Exactly! But...it's self-preservation, isn't it? I usually point out that the Catholic church is SATURATED in prayer...but that didn't help the abused children, did it?

@LucyLoohoo The Catholic church has been a haven for homosexuals for centuries even though it preached against homosexuality, hypocritical but at least it gave shelter to the people it preached against. The abuse of children is a whole other matter and the abuse of women is equally vile. I am at a loss to find anything good coming from religion.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:66087
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.