Agnostic.com

4 4

LINK Inflation has risen worldwide recently with U.S. increase among largest | Pew Research Center

(For all the conservative who blame Biden for inflation, inflation is rising worldwide, not just in the U.S. with more than 50% of countries having inflation of 7% or more. This isnt' caused by Biden beign president in the U.S.)

Americans who have been to the grocery store lately or started their holiday shopping may have noticed that consumer prices have spiked. The annual rate of inflation in the United States hit 6.2% in October 2021, the highest in more than three decades, as measured by the Consumer Price Index (CPI). Other inflation metrics also have shown significant increases in recent months, though not to the same extent as the CPI.

Understanding why the rate of inflation has risen so quickly could help clarify how long the surge might last – and what, if anything, policymakers should do about it. The recent acceleration in the rate of inflation appears to be fundamentally different from other inflationary periods that were more closely tied to the regular business cycle. Explanations for the current phenomenon proffered to date include continuing disruptions in global supply chains amid the coronavirus pandemic; turmoil in the labor markets; the fact that today’s prices are being measured against prices during last year’s COVID-19-induced shutdowns; and strong consumer demand after local economies were reopened.

snytiger6 9 Apr 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I just listened to a podcast with Lex Fridman and Michael Saylor, I have to do some research but I would guess that this guy knows of what he speaks, it is all about economics and why we are in the situation we are, we have no idea of the science of economics, it is all smoke and mirrors and we are bleeding ourselves to death. I would be interested in hearing other takes on this.

If anyone thinks the repubs will make inflation go away or make the economy better, they have not been paying attention to current events, like the past twenty years. Fourty, if you are awake and older.

Yes, at least since 1929, democrats have done much better in terms of growing and controlling the economy

God will save us and lower the prices. Just wait.

Small minded repubs and religious need a scape goat for all there problems. Can't they pray it away?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:661023
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.