Agnostic.com

27 12

Losing friends

Has anybody else felt isolated from people after telling them you are an atheist? I was raised Jewish in the Bible Belt and just realized a few years ago that being affiliated with any religion is better in the Bible Belt than not believing in any higher power. I’ve definitely been discriminated against more as an atheist! Should I even bother trying to explain that I still have morals and empathy?

Iloatheusernames 4 Apr 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Religion gets kids indoctrinated when they are young, before the age of reason. After that, it's hard for them to understand why anyone doesnt want to "accept gods great gift of eternal life".

Bleh.

Angus Level 5 June 20, 2018

Gosh, that must be difficult. I'd say chose your battles, some people are just closed and have made their minds up about you, some people have more humanity. Very best wishes to you.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:66123
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.