Agnostic.com

10 17

People on Texas beach tried to "ride" stranded dolphin that later died.

Despicable and cruel. I hope they are arrested.

The female dolphin was dragged back into the water and died before rescuers could help. Federal officials in Texas are investigating beachgoers’ harassment of a stranded female dolphin that later died.

According to witnesses, some individuals on Quintana Beach on the Gulf of Mexico dragged the bottlenose dolphin back into the water last Sunday, then “attempted to swim with and ride the sick animal,” the Texas Marine Mammal Stranding Network said in a statement.

“She ultimately stranded” again and was “further harassed by a crowd of people on the beach where she died before rescuers could arrive on scene,” the statement added.

Quintana Beach County Park officials called the death a “tragedy.”

“Dolphins strand because they are sick or injured, and will most likely drown if returned to sea or re-strand in worse condition,” Heidi Whitehead, executive director of stranding network, told the Houston Chronicle.

Harassing marine mammals, which are federally protected, is illegal, she noted.

All pertinent information about the dolphin has been forwarded to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, which investigates cases of harassment. Violating the Marine Mammal Protection Act is punishable by up to a year in prison and as much as $11,000 in fines.

In other tragic dolphin news, a lactating bottlenose still nursing was found dead last month on Fort Myers Beach in Florida with a wound above her right eye. She was apparently impaled in the head with a spearlike object while still alive, officials told local news station WESH 2. They are continuing to investigate the death.

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Apr 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Tex-ass-i-stan

Nothing in that shithole state surprises me.

If we die out as a species...we deserve it.

WTAF is wrong with people!?!?!? Nevermind...there's a reason I don't like most humans.....

Inhuman asses🤬

Assholes….Fuckin’ assholes, Throw them to the Alligators.

I have seen people harassing a six foot gator at the National Wildlife Refuge by NASA, I ran like hell and called their license plate in. Their little kid would have been a snack for that gator.

Some people can be so thoughtless and cruel! I hope these people are caught.

Stupid fucking Texass and Floriduh assholes! Nothing is safe from these ignorant people!

Ignorance like this needs fines and jail time.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:661263
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.