Agnostic.com

3 3

LINK Florida rejects math textbooks over "prohibted" critical race theory

(I think this is actually more of a case of not wanting to support certain publishers which don't have a bias towards whites. Math itself would not at all seem likely to have race in its lessons, but if they published other books on other subjects that might... well then they reject even the math books from those publishers.)

The Florida Department of Education announced it has rejected dozens of math textbooks submitted by publishers for schools, saying they "contained prohibited topics" including critical race theory.

Why it matters: Several Republican-led states have moved to limit students' exposure to critical race theory, or CRT, an academic framework developed in the 1970s by legal scholars that focuses on systemic racism.

snytiger6 9 Apr 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don’t see how that computes? Was someone in a story problem named Jamal?

Yeah, I find it hard to believe that math texts contains Critical Race Theory in them.

Outstanding

It’s only a matter of time until these Republican states do away with public education entirely and go back to church based schools.

@linxminx in other words while third world countries are pushing to provide more education for their children, we will be going the opposite direction and going the direction they are trying to escape from. I think the only thing that will save civilization is a major atomic war and let the cockroaches take over. They would probably do a better job! 😁

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:661357
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.