Agnostic.com

6 32

Science is the journey toward truth, religion is pretending you have already arrived there.

Archeus_Lore 7 Apr 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I see science as the highway to truth and understanding while religion is an off ramp leading to a tent where they're speaking in tongues, worshiping magical people in the sky and passing around a collection plate.

Science is constantly evolving with new information and evidence and is not excused from corruption or mistakes.
Religion is in the business of appealing to the emotions without evidence of its claims.

Betty Level 8 Apr 19, 2022

I'd like to use that. Your quote?

Yes, feel free

Exactly so. Science is ever changing as more plausible theories seem likely according to things we are constantly discovering. Religion on the other hand is never changing except for the continuing idiotic nonsense that apologists throw at it. Science remains objective while religion is always subjective.

Science is the journey away from facile statements about complex subjects.
Confirmation Bias is pretending you know everything that science knows.

skado Level 9 Apr 18, 2022

So speaketh the Literary Genius from Alabama who still cannot tell his arse from his elbow without the assistance of a child under the age of 5 years old.
@skado, I WOULD recommend that you first research your replies/responses by USING a Dictionary BUT imo, FISRT you would NEED to learn to read rather than merely dictate drivel to a child so that he/she can actually type it in on your behalf.
FYI, and I know full well that you will ignore it any way but, Science FIRST Proposes a Question THEN sets about both ANSWERING the Questio9n and PROVING the answer to be correct, it is hat simple.
Where systems of belief merely STATES "that X is a FACT, it must be a FACT because we have STATED that it is so, therefore it MUST be so and YOU MUST believe Us because We say you must."
Now, IF that is, and suspect that it will be, too much for tiny, imo under-utilized brain to encompass and comprehend then may I suggest you ask a child which I am sure can explain it to in words suitable for one as, imo, dense and thick as you.

Dave Allen -- Looking For A Black Cat in A Dark Room -- YouTube

Bravo!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:661642
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.