Agnostic.com

26 15

Alone with depression

I'm a left leaning centrist atheist in a town of nothing but bible thumping christian conservatives, the type of people that would Lynch you for a burrnie bumper sticker.

I also suffer from anxiety and depression

My question is this, to anybody in a similar situation how do you deal with the dread of never ending loneliness?

The dread of growing old and dying alone?

I don't know what I'm expecting from asking but yeah...

Nerdy_Tarheel 4 Apr 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments (26 - 26)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Tried weed?

I live in Alabama and keep Trump stickers in my vehicles to put on Biden and sanders vehicles that I see.

I’ll be honest with you though…. If other people’s beliefs upset you that much, I would recommend a psychologist. We should all have a “fuck it” level and just be able move forward.

I hate liberals, but I fix their heart attacks and broken legs every day.

Suck it up. You’ll be okay.

If not, pay a psychiatrist to tell you the same thing in a more flowery way.

@CourtJester ...Everything that you do, will come back to you and Karma can be a nasty Bitch. Be careful with those dirty sharps at work?

@CourtJester, I pity you, and I fear for your patients.

Against my better judgement, I'm going to reply. The "just suck it up" mentality is NOT helpful in any way. Mental health is no different than physical health. Would you tell someone who was shot to "just suck it up" and stop bleeding? I sure fucking hope not, because that's idiotic. I know that being helpful wasn't your goal, so maybe you could try just not commenting.

@Flyingsaucesir this post isn’t about you and your feelings. Shut up you stupid liberal. This isn’t about you. Asshole.

@Flyingsaucesir, @Kynlei Shut up too.

@Kynlei, @Flyingsaucesir It’s not about your feelings though

@CourtJester I think you left an important word out of one of those sentences. Want to slow down, take a deep breath, and try again? 🤣

@CourtJester With that logic, it's not about you either, you wingnut.

You're upset because your backward way of thinking is dying and you feel threatened. It's no longer acceptable to tell other people to suffer because you suffered in life. Absolutely NO ONE should be made to feel lesser because you don't feel their struggles are hard enough. It's not a fucking competition.

I don't know who hurt you and made you think the way that you do, but even you don't deserve it. I know this comment won't change shit, but I really hope someday you can take a long, hard look at yourself and decide to be better.

You certainly have problems.

@Kynlei

Suck it up. Smoke a joint. Relax.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:662245
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.