Agnostic.com

3 1

The mayor of a town of 25,000 people is accused of treason because on behalf of the citizens he accepts Russian occupation & humanitarian aid.

"The office of the prosecutor general of Ukraine charged Stolbovoy, alleging that he “chose to side with the enemy” when the Russian military took control of Balakleya on March 28. He agreed to continue as mayor under the “occupation regime” and accepted humanitarian aid from Russian troops, the prosecutors said."

Interestingly the report continues with "During the recent fighting near the town, Russian troops reportedly captured the 65th Arsenal of the Ukrainian military – the largest ammunition depot in all of Ukraine, designed to store at least 150,000 tons of supplies. Much of it was left behind intact, several Russian media correspondents reported on Friday."

Any sensible person would ask "why does a nation, Ukraine, not at war need a munitions depot holding 150,000 tons of death dealing supplies?"

Ukraine accuses mayor of treason [rt.com]

FrayedBear 9 Apr 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The reports of what is actually happening in Balakleya are utterly confused with most of the information gleaned is either from the "Kyiv Independent" or statements made by Kharkiv's regional head, Oleh Synehubov, who has accused the mayor of Balakleya of "Collaberation and treason"
HOWEVER this "mayor of Balakleya" is likely to be Ivan Stolbovoy elected in 2015, who shortly after Russian military forces invaded Ukraine took his entire family and fled to Russia.
Since the absconding of Ivan Stolbovoy, Balakleya has been controlled by a citizens group under the leadership of an unnamed acting mayor who has faced no censure whatsoever.

On April 7, the Kyiv Independent reported that Synehubov spoke with Ukraine's ICTV and said that Ivan Stolbovyi, the mayor of Balakliia was under investigation after reports that he fled to Russia with his family, there was no mention or condemnation of the current regeime.

There is NO mention of Stolbovyi, accepting Russian aid in Oleh Synehubov's original statement, the decision to accept aid was made by the citizens committee to avoid mass starvation of Balakley's mostly aged remaining population, as was a request to the occupying forces, for the people of Balakleya to be allowed to restore "Facilities" (presumably water electric and so forth) to the people. an act that most reasonable people would find commendable or at least understandable.

Really Richard! Your credulity and readiness to believe the propaganda being fed to the Russian people by Putin and his regime is staggering. All media outlets in Russia are now under state control and instruments of State propaganda..including RT. There are credible independent journalists, who at some risk to their lives, are reporting from Ukraine and who can verify, on the ground, what is actually happening there. In short Russia invaded a sovereign country - Ukraine, and is waging a war against civilians and the Ukrainian military, nobody is safe from this onslaught. Putin and his regime are being condemned by almost the entire world…with the exception of a few like minded authoritarian leaders who admire and wish to emulate him. The Russian people have no other media outlets to compare news from Ukraine with, but any who voice concern or call the euphemistically named “special operation to liberate Ukraine from Nazis” what it actually is…an invasion to wage War on Ukraine and it’s people, are arrested and likely to face many long years in prison. Useful idiots like you parroting Putin’s bullshit abroad are doing his work for him too of course.

I see Richard as being an exemplar of the inability to critically evaluate claims.

@anglophone It’s rather sad I think.

@anglophone, @Marionville I perceive you to be 'stoolies' accepting the WMD (words of mass deception) promulgated by America & its psychophants in the UK, Germany, Australia & Canada.
This is an American proxy war by fascist mercenaries operating under the Ukrainian flag to the detriment of that country's citizens. It is all being funded and promulgated by American's of both political persuasions but underwritten by the Ukrainian gold reserves transferred to US on the authority of the US controlled 2014 Ukrainian government change.

@FrayedBear Rubbish! But time will tell which one of us was the duped and gullible….I wouldn’t bet any money on it being me.

There are independent minded journalists whom I trust…a couple of Irish ones for instance, and their eyewitness accounts bear out the atrocities being carried out by Russian troops in Ukraine. As for the disputed 2014 events…once again you follow slavishly the Putin line because you are so intent on believing that the wicked west led by the USA have orchestrated a revolution in Ukraine and that good old Putin and his army is really the saviour coming to rescue the Ukrainians from US, NATO & EU clutches. I say that is completely turning truth on its head and a reversal of the facts. It’s straight out of the Putin playbook…so well done for doing your homework so well…just like a good little comrade, towing the Official Russian State line and trotting out the rhetoric rote-like!

@Marionville and the atrocities committed from 2014 against Russian speakers in Donbass were not? Open your eyes Marge.

@FrayedBear It’s about proportion and scale…I’m not saying the Ukrainians acted like saints. However the Russians have been funding rebellion in Ukraine and infiltrating Russian fighters into Ukraine to boost the separatists over a couple of decades with the ultimate intent of intervening on the pretence of saving ethnic Russians and Ukrainians from a so called Nazi regime which is complete bullshit. The majority of Ukrainians, both Ukrainians and Russian speakers want to belong to an independent western looking nation and not to be dragged back into the old Soviet empire by Putin’s Russia. It’s called the democratic will of the people, something that was long denied to them under the USSR and they don’t want to go back to it again after tasting autonomy and freedom. Sadly the Russian people are being duped into believing that Putin and Russia are wanted by the Ukrainians, and that it’s only the Ukrainian government and the west that oppose Putin. Their media is not allowed to use the word war and they are not getting told the truth about the atrocities being carried out by their military.

@Marionville you have never been toldthe truth about the activities of MI6, Mossad, CIA, et al. Let alone what the regular soldiers do.
Do you know that the Black & Tans with tanks were sent to Glasgow during WWI to suppress the Red Clydesiders?

@FrayedBear Yes..actually do know rather a lot of the shenanigans our government and it’s allies get up to, I’m not a numbskull Richard…and yes I do know my history and that of the Black & Tans and the Red Clydesiders. I’m more than painfully aware of my British history…some of it most inglorious and I am openly in opposition to many of the actions which are to this day taken by the British government. I neither approve nor am I in accord with their actions, nor do I ever agree with them if I believe they’re in the wrong.

@Marionville ffs Marge black is black not a shade of grey. Are you aware that all crimes against humanity have the same weight? It does not matter if you genocidally kill one or one million. It is the same crime.

@FrayedBear Richard…go and bugger off to Russia since you love Putin and his regime so much! I’m sure you would just love to live in a country with no free press, no freedom to protest and a future ahead of you of being regarded as a pariah by 99% of the rest of the world!

@Marionville Marge, you express the stupidity of the ancestors of many of the lowlife transported for petty crimes from UK.
The phrase used by these stupid people is not "how can we improve" but "fuck off to where you came from you Irish\ Pommie\ Scottish\ Wog\ Blackfella (even in their ignorance they knew that Negroes were not allowed in til recently & have a strange aversion to the N epithet\ Chink\ Gook\ Rustybike\ Jew\ Towelhead.
You've just put yourself at the same level Marge.

@Marionville FYI I am cognisant of the fact that 50% of people will disagree with me on any topic. I'm sure that when I was 5 it troubled me but it didn't stop me from sleeping because it doesn't mean that I'm wrong.

Your response does not recognise the humanity of anyone proposing a course of action that results in lives being saved.

I live in the land containing the oldest culture & surviving people on earth. They have been surviving despite the genocide by people like you Marge for the last 200 years. It appears that despite your 74 years of life you still cling to your indoctrinated or inherited stupidity.

There is only one person in the world, two including yourself, who believes that the Ukraine is not at war.

Agreed. Any military operation that targets and kills thousands of civilians qualifies as being a war.

Ukraine is at war, fighting as mercenaries of the USA with upto half of their official army comprised of non Ukrainian foreign fascist mercenaries.

@anglophone that's funny no one has called the genocide of Russian speakers in the Donbass region of Ukraine to be a war victims. A war happening since 2014 when American fomented insurgence overthrew the democratically elected Ukrainian government.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:662278
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.