Agnostic.com

6 12

LINK The mysterious disease that affects millions of people worldwide | DW Documentary - YouTube

"ME/CFS, or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, is a severe neuroimmunological disease. Not much is known about the disease, and there is virtually no treatment. However, recent studies show that the effects of chronic post-Covid-19 syndrome greatly resemble ME/CFS."

I was diagnosed at 27. A journey that was nothing short of a living hell. Interestingly enough, one of the only effective treatments I had at the time (commonly used off-label for lupus), has recently become very controversial for other reasons. So glad to see this finally receiving mass recognition. Exciting to see they're trying to find the roots of it now.

summatyme 7 Apr 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It does sound a lot like “long COVID” symptoms.

Thanks for posting this! Back in the mid 1980s I got a flu like infection, never really seemed to recover. One thing I did that really helped was complete removal of the amalgam fillings. Sinus issues cleared up, my gut issues improved and I felt much more "normal". The problem back then was (maybe still is) my "issues" were so nebulous. The fatigue would still come and go. Evening Primrose oil really did seem to help, I still take it. I was around 34, for over 30 years I've been dealing with a lot of the issues I read that long COVID people are now experiencing.

It’s also proof that natural methods work.

Long Covid has only added to this crisis with a whole list of new symptoms which infuse so many new questions and very few answers!!!

Thank you for enlightening me..

It seems that there may be a connection between ME/CFS and Sars-Cov2. In June 2020 a friend who resides in Sweden informed me that his next door neighbour a 24 year old professional female athlete contracted Sars-Cov-2 and had to be hospitalized.

Post infection she experienced extreme fatigue and the disease affected her heart. She continues to experience brain fog and has to use oxygen from time to time.

I know someone with this. It started when she had a very stressful time in her life.

After Covid I sometimes get a little brain fog.. I'm also getting clumsy as hell and arthritis is moving into my back, hands, and legs. My feet are worse now too. I try to ignore it and just go on.

@DenoPenno I find to combat my arthritis I do exercises every day as soon as I wake up. It helps. For the brain fog I do mats, ie. count from 100, taking away 3 each time.

@DenoPenno Do you exercise?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:662439
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.