Agnostic.com

10 13

One of god's mysterious ways

#god
St-Sinner 9 Apr 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Chemical combustible, does not need oxygen to burn!

Does this meme suggest that Xians think there IS oxygen in space? That could easily be inferred by the argument thay're making here.

The Sun doesn't burn the way a campfire does. The Sun is a giant ball of gas that glows and emits light and heat resulting from nuclear fusion taking place at its core. The Sun is a self-contained system that burns the hydrogen fuel stored within itself. Its fire is a nuclear reaction rather than the more familiar simple combustion fire we make s'mores with on campouts.

Most of us learned this stuff in High School science class. Don't Xians pay attention to anything that doesn't involve god? That explains why they're so ignorant about everything.

Xians: 0
Atheists: 1

Or just plain stupid.

@CuddyCruiser There's that too.

The sun doesn't burn like a dry log. WTF

MizJ Level 8 Apr 29, 2022

Ohhhhh. I feel so owned....

There are lots of little aliens up there feeding the fire with wood and oxygen cannisters.

I've personally seen Xtians argue that -- 'Hey, the sun is old. Why hasn't it run out of fusion fuel (hydrogen) by now? Shouldn't it at least be shrinking?'

The analysis to examine those questions in detail is far beyond their abilities.🙂

@PapPap
i saw once a rating of everything in the solar system. Sorry I don't have a link or remember a reference.

98% of everything is in the sun.
2% of everything is in Jupiter.
Everything else is everything else. Ha, ha.🙂

If Jesus physically went up into the sky to Heaven, why can't we see the place on our telescopes?

Atheists several thousand, Christians 0

@Beachslim7 But can't see Heaven, or the millions of people supposedly there.

@Beachslim7 Kinda my point

It gets its oxygen from all the hot air expelled by the Christians.

The dumb! It hurts! 😫😫

The sun does not "burn." It's a giant ball of hydrogen, so massive that its own gravity causes a series of fusion reactions where atoms combine to form heavier elements. A lot of energy is given off in the process. Do Christians believe something else? 😂

Yes, yes they do. "Burning=hot", therefore "hot=burning". That's about the level of intellect you get.

@Paul4747 Oh my gawd!🤣🤣

@Flyingsaucesir Don't you mean, "Oh, their god"?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:663337
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.