Agnostic.com

7 7

Know thine enemy.
Know thine friend.

TheMiddleWay 8 May 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thanks for the chart. It's interesting that Unitarians have a higher approval rate for abortion than atheists. What's the matter with us!?

It would be interesting to see the average total percentage and numbers.

How do people not know this?🤬 Abortion, immigration, crime - the go to political footballs for the gop for the last 50 years. The country suffers from memory loss on a grand scale. Since there are only 2 main political parties I have to conclude BOTH parties got us here and we have only ourselves to blame.🤬🤬🤬

Pretty close

Very interesting. I was kind of curious about that. This tracks pretty closely with my acquaintances of various faiths who have made their feelings known to me on the subject.

There's only one person I know that doesn't fit into the majority for their faith. Mormons lean only 27% toward legalization. My ex-husband became a Mormon last year, and made me get an abortion a few weeks before our wedding, way before he found religion. So, I'm curious about his thoughts on the subject now. Nope, not going to ask him, but just curious all the same. Could be that some of his choices from his earlier life edged him toward religion.

I wonder, if you did a list of religious groups by, need to improve their public image by earning a reputation for being morality champions. Would it look similar ?
See also Redbai's post. [agnostic.com]

I also notice that atheist and agnostic, both have exactly the same percentages. Which makes you wonder about how the survey was conducted. Was it only very small samples, did it originally just have a "non" box or did people tick both boxes, or is it just coincidence.

I noticed that too, but then if you look down the list a little you'll see "nothing in particular". If they included that as an option and posted it, I have to imagine atheist and agnostic were both on there.
Also, people on agnostic.com don't even know or can't agree on the distinction between those two things after countless debates on the subject, so I doubt the general public has any appreciable grasp on it.

No real surprises there. But even the catholic church has a plurality favoring abortion rights and their official position is anti reproductive rights.

Good times!!!!

@TheMiddleWay
To be fair; that was when he was capable of completing a full sentence before dementia set in. So I would trust trust his previous views on it.

@CourtJester Sounds coherent to me.

@UrsiMajor

Not really. Full on dementia. Drunk people keep their eyes open more on a sunny day.

And there’s far more videos of him nearly unable to speak.

[dailycaring.com]

@TheMiddleWay
What is an ageist?

@UrsiMajor he said that in 2019 before election time.

@TheMiddleWay Court Jester is, at best, a chiropractors assistant.
I made it my business to find out after he claimed to be first a doctor, then a pharmacist,and then to have a PhD to buttress several arguments he got into on here.
At the end of it all, he stated, in writing, "well, I graduated High School, in Georgia that's something".
Which is even odder because he claims to be from Jasper ALABAMA, a small town with which I am familiar & thus could check his phony claims.

@TheMiddleWay HA! He's not a doctor, are you just messing with him? The first time he's ever heard of the Goldwater rule was a few minutes after you posted about it in this thread.

@AnneWimsey
Prove me wrong. I guess you couldn’t find a Dr. Courr Jester in the phone book and that’s your supporting argument?

@TheMiddleWay

If you pay attention, he clearly shows nearly all of the signs.

@CourtJester I told you already I called the Walker Count Medical Board & talked my best "southern" to the lovely gal who answered the phone....only about 15,000 residents there, or haven't you noticed....

@AnneWimsey You’re comical

@TheMiddleWay

He’s showing a lot of short term memory loss in his speeches saying the wrong words or appearing to completely lose what his next words were. Obvious trouble communicating.

He finished a speech last week and turned around to shake hands and not a soul was on stage with him. Obvious confusion.

I would say inability to perform simple tasks, but he’s old. We all trip up steps. Falling is sign. That’s debatable with the hand shaking thing though.

I would argue that he has a lack of repetition from speech to speech. The White House has been working hard to ‘clarify’ his statements.

Dementia includes an immediate loss of interest when you get lost. He has gotten lost with what he wanted to say, closes it of “you know…… you know…. The thing”

Squinting eyes when talking is a sign of extreme focus on what you are trying to say which comes from a loss of clarity on what you are about to say. He’s done that quite a bit.

I’m not diagnosing him, but I have my clear opinion on the matter.

Biden is in office because people didn’t want trump in office and they chose a mailable guy that will do as told just to be there. That’s my personal opinion.

They’ll have to prop him up hard to get through his term.

@AnneWimsey
They didn’t have a Court Jester on their books???

Amazing!!!!

@CourtJester no but they have a fax and pictures of all the registered doctors, you fathead.
Unless your profile pic is as phony as the rest of you.......

@AnneWimsey
Hahahahaha

@TheMiddleWay

This is pretty damn clear that there is serious cognitive decline well on its way…

Come on man… being in our field, you have to see it.

@TheMiddleWay

My degree strips me of making any personal opinion on a public forum when the facts are very obvious?

@TheMiddleWay
I’m not a psychiatrist; my fiancé is. I also didn’t study cognitive function in old age as a core, but if you’re a Dr. you’ve learned enough in school to form a solid opinion of what you see in front of you on the TV every day.

I will say openly; if his own brain doesn’t shut a vital organ down sooner; in five years, someone else will have to tie his shoes for him. That’s not a personal attack against him; it may happen to us all, but that’s not a president.

If you have a PhD in any field; you should be able to see that. It’s factual with video verification.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:664212
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.