Agnostic.com

6 5

Here's some fodder for those men who think the availability of abortion doesn't affect them.

MaryChristmas 7 May 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is true. Many men and women are able to make significant advances in life because they didn't bring a child into the world before they were ready.
Their lives would be totally different

Unity Level 7 May 9, 2022

Absolutely right

100%
To my knowledge, no woman has ever had to make that tough decision as a result of sleeping with me. I would hope any of them would know I would support her choice and help her in any way I could. It's possible it could have happened and they wanted to protect me from knowing. Either way I'll assume that they could have and I'm grateful they had the choice to if they needed it.

I'd bet there are more women in the anti-abortion movement than men. I know there are of voters. Most women over age 50 favor god.

According to Bill Maher's show Friday, he cited new numbers that say more men are pro-choice than women.

@ChestRockfield I saw that but have been aware of the statistic. Women are angry at the wrong gender. A great strategy, for Nov, would be to get promises from (or help) 18-29 year old's vote. Women 65+ will vote less if mail-in ballots are outlawed and they have to stand in long lines so that might help. Most males do not want kids, until one is coming (then men get pumped about it for the woman's sake and it becomes habit), so we are generally following a woman's lead in this arena. Politicians mostly follow what their polling tells them and it shows women are not so they haven't tried to legislate it. Why cause an issue when there's Roe?

The entire pro-life movement is justified by dogmatic religion, which isn't constitutionally allowed to influence ANY law, so go after that and you solve many problems. Even SCOTUS would have a hard time justifying a religious law if that's the bottom line argument. If it's that states can create religious based law then we died as a nation already.

Yes, so many lives that would be so much more different. How many men might not be thinking about the child support they didn't have to pay for 18 years, which might have hampered their ability to go on to find the love of their lives, etc., maybe even unbeknownst to them.

Flip side, now many couples went ahead and got married, had a difficult marriage and parenthood, ended up in divorce and so on. The quality of life depends on free and accessible birth control and privacy when it comes to health care for women who have experienced incest, date rape, marital rape, random rape and other violence against women.

t this point voting for a republican is treason to the Constitution.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:665160
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.