Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK Doctors and treatment threatened after Alabama outlaws gender-affirming medicines for trans kids

U.S.
Doctors and treatment threatened after Alabama outlaws gender-affirming medicines for trans kids

May 9, 2022 / 2:31 PM / AP

Dr. Hussein Abdul-Latif spent the last week typing out prescription refills for his young transgender patients, trying to make sure they had access to their medications for a few months before Alabama made it illegal for him to prescribe them.

He also answered questions from anxious patients and their parents: What will happen to me if I suddenly have to stop taking testosterone? Should we go out of state for care?

A new state law that took effect Sunday makes it a felony, punishable by up to 10 years in prison, for doctors to prescribe puberty blockers and hormones to trans people under age 19. A judge has not yet ruled on a request to block the state from enforcing the law.

snytiger6 9 May 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just another instance of the shift in politics between the states. We all know what happened the last time that occurred.

If that judge has any sense, he will block that bs from Alabama.

I think ALL doctors ought to get up and leave the South. Sorry, but they don't deserve to be put through this.

Looks like they mean business. Find ways around this.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:665471
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.