Agnostic.com

2 6

How long can a debacle the size of Putin's Ukraine adventure be kept under wraps? Their navy has already lost 5 vessels, and its a LAND war!

[navalnews.com]

Flyingsaucesir 8 May 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hope you are right.

Don't worry, all those oligarchs, generals, and corrupt officials around Putin will only wait a little while longer. After all, they did not set him up to fail in the first place, for no reason you know.

Putin is the prime mover. It's his baby. Remember how Hitler wouldn't listen to his Generals, and kept issuing bad orders? It's like that here. Wealth and power have gone to his head, and he's become a megalomaniac.

@Flyingsaucesir Yes but remember. Putin according to reports, does not look at the internet, read any newspapers or have any real knowledge of history. In short the only information he has, comes from his sycophants.

@Fernapple The impression I have of him is a more sophisticated person who is well-informed, speaks 3 languages (Russian, German, and English),...

@Flyingsaucesir Yes, but you have to remember that with regard to the languages for example, he has been caught trying to pretend that he does not speak English, even though the secret is well out. That is a silly childish trick, that he no doubt inherited from his KGB days, and even then it was a silly game to play. ( Either he or his trainers had been reading too many spy novels. ) No, I think that we are dealing with a very limited mind, even if one experienced and determined and perhaps in a shallow way, smarter than the average politician. And even if he was highly intelligent, his cold war delutions would still give those around him an easy handle with which to manipulate him.

@Fernapple Where did you read this?

@Flyingsaucesir Sorry, it was a long time ago in one of the English newspapers, a respectable one like the Gaurdian I think, not the rubbish press, but it was a long time ago.

@Fernapple Angela Merkel seems to think that Putin is a rather sophisticated person. Not one to be trifled with.

@Flyingsaucesir No, she "said" she thought that. She is in politics.

@Fernapple I just find it difficult to believe that someone who can claw their way to the top of an international crime syndicate, repel all challengers, keep his own people in the dark while misdirecting his opponents abroad, is not up to speed on world affairs. It just beggars belief.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:665673
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.