Agnostic.com

3 0

Maybe if people would have listened to the women that were already pregnant when the pandemic started who all said, 'Whatever you do, don't get pregnant during this pandemic' (or, ya know, used some simple deductive reasoning) no one would be needing formula right now... Just sayin'.

The national baby formula shortage is getting worse and parents are desperate for it to end

[cnn.com]

ChestRockfield 8 May 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That’s you’re defense for this administration???

Fucken seriously????

Are you high???

Who the fuck is taking about an administration?

@ChestRockfield
Me

@CourtJester Well, I wasn't. Have fun I guess?

Domestic violence shot way up during the pandemic as well, meaning more marital rape, minimal in person health care visits, food shortages, financial troubles, housing challenges and other issues.

All of which are more reasons to avoid carrying a pregnancy to term and keeping a child you need formula for...

They shouldn’t have become pregnant. That’s really the point you want to make??

Or shouldn't have stayed pregnant. That's like buying brand new extra heavy lead shoes at the beginning of a zombie apocalypse. Kinda hard to have sympathy for someone in a predictable predicament they were warned not to put themselves in.

@ChestRockfield I really don’t think you’re in a position to make decisions for women about the choices they make about their life in general … and specifically whether they choose to have a child (or not), and when.

It’s just like the abortion debate … the decision is the woman’s to make based on her own circumstances and needs and life stage, etc.

I know 2 women who recently miscarried. They are devastated. For one woman, this happened 6 months ago, and she’s just now starting to be able to talk about it. For a woman in this situation, whose biological clock is ticking and doesn’t have much time, she’s gonna get pregnant whenever she can. It’s not for anyone else but this couple to decide if that timing is good.

Sorry for the ramble. Your comment just really got me going. I’m done now. 😌

@TheMiddleWay
Because everything was at risk of not being available during a crisis. That's where the deductive reasoning comes into play (if you think you're too smart to listen to all the women that flat out told everyone how terrible pregnancy during a pandemic was).

I never said anything about putting men's needs above women's.
I never said anything about, and certainly not in support of, a pink tax.

I'm simply stating that getting/remaining pregnant carried risks exponentially higher than normal. People should have taken the warnings seriously.

@Apunzelle I'm not telling anyone what to do. The pregnant women at the beginning of the pandemic were. I'm simply stating that if they had listened, or at least some of them had, the problem might not be so dire right now.

Also, not for nothing, but this "requirement" to have children that share their DNA is exacerbating another crisis we're going to face. Refraining from having a child is more beneficial to the environment than every other thing you can do as a regular person combined.

@TheMiddleWay
Who the hell said anything about not having sex?!

Why do you think it's necessarily true that declining fertility rates and population replacement rates are still detrimental to the human species?

@ChestRockfield The mindset you have about women getting pregnant and/or having babies is absolutely archaic and, truthfully, misogynistic. Pregnancy happens. It’s not always intentional. It’s not always wanted. Women always have and always will have babies through the best of times and the worst of times. It’s NO ONE else’s business. Hard stop.

Furthermore, your suggestion that a woman abort a pregnancy because of COVID is so absurd, I don’t even know where to begin with that. Just wow.

@TheMiddleWay I said get pregnant or stay pregnant.

You have a very narrow definition of 'detrimental to the human species'. It's a if overpopulation and all problems associated with increasing population size don't exist in your understanding of what's good for the human species.

@TheMiddleWay You equated declining fertility rates and population replacement rates to something detrimental to the human species, which is not necessarily true, regardless of other things you may find detrimental.

I'm not saying anyone was irresponsible. I'm not saying everyone or anyone in particular should have had an abortion. I'm not even the one that told women not to get pregnant at the beginning of the pandemic; women who were pregnant when it started were the ones that said that. I'm simply stating that had they listened, the problem wouldn't have been as bad. Additionally, if people didn't think their own DNA was so star-spangled awesome, that also would have helped the situation.

@Apunzelle
People throw around the word 'misogynistic' so freely it barely even means anything anymore. I'm not the one who said what women should do. THAT WAS OTHER WOMEN. And I'm not telling women they should have an abortion, but I'm so pro-choice (obviously more than you) that I would completely support a woman's right to choose to abort for that reason or literally any other reason, at any time, without a single exception... HARD STOP. 😉

So how am I biased against or have disdain for women exactly?

@TheMiddleWay
No I didn't, I simply stated that there are problems with increasing population sizes. I never made the determination of the overall net benefit or detriment.

Again, I'm not telling women, especially an individual specific woman, what they/she should do. Other women did. I'm just saying that if some of them, maybe the ones that specifically tried to get pregnant (even if only the ones that didn't have their "biological clock ticking away" ) had instead tried to not get pregnant the problem wouldn't be this bad. But again, I'm not saying what women should do or should have done. I'm just saying that no one or very few people made any changes so when shit fell apart they shouldn't have been surprised.

I think this of more of an observation than an opinion, an as such, I'm not sure it's subject to too much 'informing'.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:665804
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.