Agnostic.com

2 7

‘Paranoid dictator’: Russian journalists fill pro-Kremlin site with anti-war articles

There are many Russians who are critical of Putin but they are too afraid to say so.

[theguardian.com]

Ryo1 8 May 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Putin is a puppetmaster.

That takes great courage, doesn't it? We take so much for granted....

Yes….and it normally inures us from the effects of seeing dictatorships with no press freedom in war ravaged countries in less developed parts of the world…places we have begun to think it’s normal to have repression, conflict and death on a daily basis. Because the war in Ukraine that Putin is waging is in Europe…a ethnically white and Christian first world country…a country we can identify and empathise with, we are shocked that such things can happen to it in the 21st century.

@Marionville I thought about this yesterday, when I attended two marches for women's rights. Knowing we didn't have to worry about being arrested for demonstrating---how we all took that for granted!

@LucyLoohoo You shouldn’t need to be going out marching and protesting for women’s rights again…that was all taken care of decades ago. It is so sad that the USA has regressed so much…as I said earlier in a post, I think we’re in reverse evolution in some places! The Cold War is back in Europe with Putin too…just like we’re experiencing deja vu!

@Marionville You're right...of course! But, it must be done and I'll help!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:666385
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.