Agnostic.com

1 3

LINK The next U.S. abortion battle is over pills, and it's already begun | Reuters

Register now for FREE unlimited access to Reuters.com

WASHINGTON, May 26 (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court has not yet released its decision that looks set to dramatically scale back abortion rights, but one of the next legal battles has already begun in a Mississippi court.

That is where the manufacturer of a pill used to carry out medication abortions, Las Vegas-based GenBioPro Inc, has filed a federal lawsuit challenging the conservative state's restrictions on the pill, used in more than half of all U.S. abortions.

Litigation over medication abortion, approved for use at up to 10 weeks of pregnancy, is likely to take center stage should the Supreme Court gut or overturn the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision that legalized abortion nationwide.

snytiger6 9 May 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And the anti choice groups hope to pursue access to donor lists of Pro-Choice donors. As with Howard Stern, Texas might tissue an arrest warrant for me.

They can issue all they want, they aren't going to be able to extradite you for it and I doubt you will be voluntarily visiting that shithole state anyway...

I think the Texas provision of prosecuting prsons who leave the state for an abortion is unconstitutional, as it gives one state jurisdiction over deeds done within other states. This is one case where "states rights" works against conservatives.

The 'rewards' part of the laws was inspired by the old slave bounty system of returning slaves who ran away before the Civil War. What will happen is you will get people who will falsely accuse others with whom they hold a grudge, in order to collect the reward. Many of the person turned in as terrorists during the wars of Afghanistan and Iraq were innocent person turned in because the person who named them held a grudge against the person they turned in, and the U.S. paid them for this. I am not aware of any safeguards in place to prevent such actions from taking place. So, if you have a grudge against somebody you can claim they are transporting people across state lines for abortions and Texas will pay you money for making your enemies life hell.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:668364
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.