Agnostic.com

3 6

Bananas or the scent of them trigger mice. I know the scent triggers bees.
[livescience.com]

silverotter11 9 May 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ethylene gas and aromatic hydrocarbons.

Hmm... I wonder if it's just the fruit or if the whole tree can repel mice? I have several banana trees right outside my window. No mice problems that I know of, in all the years I've lived here. But we do have several rat traps on property and I haven't looked inside those.

Another explanation for why women seem to buy more bananas than men! 😂😂😂

Pleasure without all the pain later!

I am not a fan of the fruit but my ex so was. He'd eat one for breakfast most mornings. We also kept honey bees on the property. The hives were not near the house and one morning we walked out to the garden where the hives were and within seconds I saw a honey bee leave the hive and make literally a bee line for my ex. It nailed him right on the lip! I'm sure it hurt and it swelled up pretty good. I admit I laughed. Our bee keeper friend had mentioned that the smell of bananas was a danger signal to bees.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:669163
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.