Agnostic.com

2 3

We should definitely acknowledge the failure of the police to stop the carnage, but ultimately that is just a distraction. The real culprit is lack of meaningful gun regulation.

Flyingsaucesir 8 June 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is a distraction, but it is also telling. The fact that almost all the victims were Hispanic, instead of white, probably had something to do with why the cops didn't go in for over an hour. Colored lives are considered a lot less valuable than white lives by cops thinking of risking their own lives. Nobody in the corporate media is touching that issue, but I think it mattered.

The Uvalde Schools Police Chief, Pedro Arredondo, is a Hispanic guy. He was the one who gave the order to wait. So I doubt there was a racial motive. We will know more in coming days. Stay tuned.

@Flyingsaucesir I didn't know that detail, so you're almost certainly right. In that case, the cops stayed out because they were outgunned and didn't want to go on a suicide mission. But even in that case, I ? if maybe then they ought to be in some other line of work, the same as firefighters, who are expected to risk their lives going into burning buildings. The cops were being cowards, in my opinion, and maybe not upholding their duty to protect.

@TomMcGiverin There was another case, not too long ago, where an armed school resource officer hid in the bushes outside a school while a killer rampaged inside. I wish I could remember where and when, but there have been so damned many school shootings, I can't keep track if them all.

@Flyingsaucesir That person should not only have been fired, but also prosecuted for some sort of negligence or depraved indifference manslaughter... If you're armed, trained, and not willing to risk your life to protect, then you need to be in another line of work.... I hope the guy was shamed enough to be run out of town...

@TomMcGiverin I looked it up. It was the Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida. 17 killed.

[apnews.com]

@Flyingsaucesir I wonder how that case came out. He deserved to go to prison for it.

How about amending the 2nd. amendment to reflect today's issues.

Betty Level 8 June 2, 2022

Way overdue, but given what it takes to change the Constitution, that's not surprising.

@Flyingsaucesir If the increase in mass shootings isn't enough to motivate the two parties to work on amending the 2nd. amendment then nothing will.

@Betty It's the Republicans who are holding up the show.

@Flyingsaucesir Shame on them.

@Betty Indeed.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:669532
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.