Agnostic.com

12 21

I'm not willing to waste time with emotionally-constipated men.

Sometimes a 20-minute phone coversation is all I need. Sent this message today.

Bob,

We don't make a match. You couldn't fill 10-minutes with personal insights at gunpoint.

I'm not willing to waste my time with emotionally-constipated men. Life is too short.

Good luck with your search.

Kathleen

LiterateHiker 9 June 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That was rather clever and I did laugh out loud.

You could have said:

Bob,
We don't make a match. Good luck with your search.

But instead you decided to insult him in 2 different ways, and in so doing, showing what kind of person you are.

Sounds like you are both lucky.

@StoicsFuckBest

My reply was apt and amusing. Get over it.

I don't take manners advice from a faceless male with a swear word in his username.

In your original post you stated:

>...not willing to waste my time
>...not willing to waste my time
>...life is short

I was just trying to show how you could be more efficient. You could be more efficient and not be rude at the same time, it's a double win. Or do you want to double down now, go down with the ship, and show it's not about time, but about something else?

All you, champ.

You put some effort into that. The rejections I get are never that long.

@BitFlipper

It was amusing writing that kiss-off message. Quick and easy.

Never give up! However, also don't compromise your principles or your needs 🥰

Sadly the time differences are likely to preclude telephoning each other and as for romance, even if we like the conversations it is likely to fail due to distance and at our ages, we probably wouldn't want to move one third of the way around the planet where one of us ends up missing friends and family.
The mountains near me are somewhat smaller than yours, but there is a nice coastline a National Health Service and plentiful Indian restaurants. Ah, we have Boris Johnston though, not Trump but similar.
So, I will just have to continue to admire you from afar.
Tony xx

I mean this with flirtatious humour...

I admire your stamina to keep your neck in the dating scene. I've all but given up on it. Especially now where I live, I'm told that the crop of guys here is abysmal. They're all immature, alcoholic, or here part-time. So... while I am still open to meeting someone, I really don't think there will be any sort of long-term romantic attachment. Maybe a part-time lover is all I need, one that will be around for the summer, but once field season is over--time to leave, dude. 😀

I love that term! It's perfect.

@HippieChick58

Thanks, dear. I think it's hilarious!

Emotionally-constipated. I came up with it in a break-up talk with my former boyfriend. It describes him perfectly. Ha ha!

At 67, he never married. Never lived with a woman. Terrified of love and commitment. The longest relationship he had was with his dog.

I ignored the glaring red flags because we were having so much fun.

Keep looking

bobwjr Level 10 June 2, 2022

About 5 years ago I decided to review what attracted me in a woman, especially the main characteristics of the women I had unsuccessfully began a relationship with. What were they "missing"? Quite interesting. I'm still tortured, but only be the urge for my lady to want me more and more .

Not even with some metamucil on the side?

"Emotionally constipated" - I like that phrase.

Hmm. My grey cell has kicked in. Somebody with emotional diarrhea doesn't appeal to me either.

You do seem to have a knack of attracting the odd ones. 😉

Betty Level 8 June 2, 2022

@Betty

I attract all kinds of men. I'm an oddity in America: a slender woman.

@LiterateHiker It does give you a lot of material to post. 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:669556
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.