Agnostic.com

10 5

INCEL - explanation please

Can someone please explain this to me? You can't get schtupped, so instead of trying to make yourself more palatable, you hang out with other guys and spend your time hating women, up to and including, apparently, getting in your van and mowing down as many as you can. How is that supposed to help?

andygee 7 Apr 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's a bunch of pathetic assholes who feel slighted by natural selection and are socially inept, but like so many entitled douchebags, are unwilling to admit that they're the problem.

Until this tragedy, I thought involuntary celibacy was another term for marriage.

JimG Level 8 Apr 28, 2018

They are bitter, bitter people who don't accept that they need to make fundamental changes to their personality and, occasionally, hygiene in order to succeed in their aims. They can't get a date and blame women for that instead of taking stock of what they themselves may have done wrongly. This much is pretty well-known. There's also a lot of overlap on the ol Venn diagram between them and PUAs and MRAs. They're quite often hideous to look at because of their poor choices in grooming, but are convinced it's society that's wrong about that, not them.

When sex is regarded as a commodity (rather than a volitional activity between two consenting adults)--and it's closely tied to social status--it's easy for concepts like entitlement to creep in.

In order for this schema to work I reckon one would need to fail to view potential sexual partners as fully human and exhibit some dangerous levels of disconnection from reality in terms of failing to distinguish individuals from groups.

I'm no social psychologist and that's just a rough stab at it. I could analyze it some more but honestly it just makes me ill...

Man, what freaks me out about this "movement" is that I've been in that position in high school. I had that mindset that girls were sleeping with (or just plain dating) everyone but me. I was basically that "nice guy" who felt that my niceness earned me the right to have a girlfriend. Movies helped reinforce this notion by having the dorky guy get the hot girl (thanks, Sixteen Candles).

What would have happened if I didn't grow out of that? God, I hope I wouldn't have turned out like one of these assholes. I can't say what would have happened. I think I'm a more reasonable person than that; I'd like to think that I'd shrug off my loneliness and continue life without a partner.

But while I was "involuntarily celibate," I didn't consider the possibility of raping or stalking girls. That's just abhorrent. I mean, I can say I'm involuntarily poor, but I don't go expecting banks to give me money.

Arseholes who have never used lines out of the Wayne's world films whilst coupled with meat loafs bat out of hell album to woo a lady ....it works every time !!!

I was 16. I hooked up with an English girl (21, IIRC) because she was blown away that a Yank knew the words to "Jerusalem." So Emerson, Lake, and Palmer got me laid for a week.

This article may help define their poisoned ideology for you.

[vox.com]

@AmiSue If you have the stomach for it:

[documentcloud.org]

In my opinion, these children were raised with misogynistic behavior. These are people that were not brought up to respect women either because it was modeled by the male influence or the female influence was mentally/emotionally damaged and didn’t earn their respect. Without respect for women, they believe they are superior and are entitled to be serviced. When refused they lash out with a punishment they believe the women deserve. Incel’s (Involuntary celibacy) are damaged people.

Betty Level 8 Apr 26, 2018

Creepy, vicious, hate-filled arseholes who can't get laid because they're creepy, vicious, hate-filled arseholes so they hang out in a virtual echo chamber with other creepy, vicious, hate-filled arseholes.

Took the words right out of my mouth

They are angry and hurt so they are acting out.

I don't think "Help" is what they're going for, at least not consciously. Maybe subconsciously they're just little boys looking for attention.

I was seven. A little boy. I was coming home on the subway from a Yankees game with my friend and his father, a university professor. We were in the front car. In those days, the front of the subway cars had a window that could open -- pre-air conditioning. We stood at the window to watch the tracks, and of course, our new Yankee caps would get blown off. After the fourth time, the professor said, "You know, the difference between rats and people is that the rats learn to avoid the shocks and get the cheese." These people could take a lesson from that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:66970
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.