Agnostic.com

10 1

Can you share your experience with stock market?

I am thinking of buying stock as an investment, instead of saving cash ? which is the worst thing. So, I am reading some books and watching YouTube videos to gather information. But I wanna to listen to someone with experience to learn from them.
So, please share your experience if you have.
Thanks
Steve

SteveRobertusa 4 Apr 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Start with the basics. Understand how stocks work, what factors influence prices, and the importance of diversification.
Next, consider your risk tolerance. Stocks can be volatile, so make sure you're comfortable with the potential ups and downs.
Also, don't rush. It's not about timing the market perfectly; it's about time in the market. Consistency can be your best friend.
Lastly, keep an eye on fees. They can eat into your profits. Look for platforms with low fees.
And hey, speaking of resources, I found a trader funding coupon code for Apex Trader Funding at [proptraderhub.com]. It might help you along the way.

It's great that you're doing your research, reading books, and watching videos. Knowledge is key! I also began this way, and it was really helpful.

In no case do not start your work on the stock market with companies promising big profits in a short time. Companies that help clients start trading on the Internet promise quick earnings without hassle. At the same time, from time to time, stories appear in the press about people who lost all their money on the stock exchange. It is best to train yourself and start with small transactions to gain experience. Read more about FSKAX or VTI trading strategies on stock exchanges. You will not be able to replace your experience with someone else's, so I advise you to practice as soon as possible. Good luck!

First, you need to understand how a stock exchange works. The exchange ensures that all parties fulfill their obligations and that transactions are made quickly and reliably. Only securities from verified companies are allowed to trade - you will not find any obvious fraudsters. And since many buyers and sellers are on the exchange, transactions are conducted at a fair market price. Then you have to choose the company whose shares you can buy. For myself, I chose [timthomas.co], because it seems to me that the shares of already existing companies are more stable and promising. What do you think about it?

In no case do not start your work on the stock market with companies promising big profits in a short time. Companies that help clients start trading on the Internet promise quick earnings without hassle. At the same time, from time to time, stories appear in the press about people who lost all their money on the stock exchange.

The market goes AND down, so Don’t invest more than you afford to throw away. Depending on how much you can comfortably afford to invest, you maybe better off buying a no cost diversified mutual fund. If you have a lot of money to invest you can pick several stocks to achieve diversification. If you don’t have much, get a mutual fund. Frequently, they will a,low you to purchase a little at a time over long period. Thing $10 a week for months or years. But understand they go up and down just like stocks.

CS60 Level 7 Apr 27, 2018

bought at 80 cents now at 1.5 cents. never again will I listen to a friend

*I am not a financial advisor, and this should not be considered financial advice

The ground rule of investing is to assume anything you put in the stock market is immediately gone, exactly the same as if you just tossed the cash into a roaring fireplace... if you can't afford to throw that money into the fireplace without any financial strain or issue, then don't put it in the stock market.

That being said, it would depend on the kind of cash you're talking about -- if it's more than ten thousand dollars, I would go with an investment firm like Charles Schwab, Fidelity, Edward Jones, TD Ameritrade, et al. Someone that can sit down with you, discuss your comfort level and your existing retirement strategy, the various investment risk levels and your overall financial stability, and get you set up with a comprehensive plan that works for you, and doesn't put all your eggs into one basket.

If you just want to go it on your own and learn, or if you don't have a lot available to invest, maybe try getting your feet wet first, to see what it's like -- there are several online real-time simulators that use the actual stock market, such as marketwatch.com, where you can "play" the markets with essentially Monopoly Money, and get a feel for things without ever actually investing a penny of real money. Simulator websites like that typically also have a wealth of market information on various investment types and categories, to help folks learn about the markets and what's what.

Personally, I plan to steer clear of the stock market over the next... oh, at least 36 months or so -- completely my personal opinion (and again, not financial advice), but there are some rather disturbing trends and laws being passed right now, that make me worry we might be headed for a bottoming-out like we haven't seen the since the Great Depression.

tmaaz Level 5 Apr 26, 2018

My dad and my uncle set up a hypercomplex network of stocks and mutual funds and all this other arcane stuff and then bequeathed it to my brother and me. Neither of us have even an inkling of how any of it works so, rather than try to touch it ourselves at all and end up investing badly and bankrupting ourselves, we have trained professionals at the bank handle it. That is the beginning and end of my knowledge of it. It's not, in my opinion, something amateurs should handle unless they're really got at not only the maths but at speculation.

If you can't stay on on top of the research, invest in an index fund. This lets you participate in the market without all the headaches

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:67094
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.