Agnostic.com

7 16

This just cracked me right up. 😀

I know I shouldn’t have done this, but I am 83 years old and I was in the McDonald’s drive-through this morning and the young lady behind me leaned on her horn and started mouthing something because I was taking too long to place my order. So when I got to the first window
I paid for her order along with my own. The cashier must have told her what I'd done because as we moved up she leaned out her window and waved to me and mouthed "Thank you.", obviously embarrassed that I had repaid her rudeness with kindness.
When I got to the second window I showed them both receipts and took her food too. Now she has to go back to the end of the queue and start all over again,
Don't blow your horn at old people, they have been around a long time.

SnowyOwl 8 June 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The word I'll use here has been tossed around all my life to the point of me becoming numb to it, but the action this lady took was BRILLIANT in every way! I'll never forget it, neither will the other lady and I hope to have the opportunity to also do this someday. Older people rule!

Yup dangerous

bobwjr Level 10 June 12, 2022

As I read through your post, I found myself catching a breath and fighting off tears after your repaying "her rudeness with kindness."

And the next line thoroughly destroyed me with uncontrolled laughter!

Thank you for sharing this, you BAMF! 😂

What a surprise twist! Love it!!

dkp93 Level 8 June 12, 2022

You're a lot nicer than me. I'd have flipped her the bird. What did she order? Was it at least something you liked.

barjoe Level 9 June 12, 2022

While I am well known for my acerbic wit, this was not me as I'm just a youngster at a mere 61 years of age but I have been known to do similar things all of my life. I am just sharing someone else's story but I must admit that I wish I had thought of it myself.

"Sunshine, with a bit of luck you too will one day be as old and decrepit as I am. Now learn some fucking manners you ignorant youngster!"

Got'ta love it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:671321
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.