Agnostic.com

10 9

The following is a plea to try to reach any Trump supporter without belittling him or her. Please feel free to share it as widely as you wish:

To those of you whom I have known who have been and continue to be Trump supporters: You are not stupid. You are not evil. you are not terribly damaged people. But Donald Trump is all those things.

In developmental terms, Donald Trump is morally, emotionally, and intellectually damaged. He is incapable of love, empathy, and true concern for anyone other than himself. But his toxic personality enables him to sense how to reach into the deep, dark recesses of our beings and play upon our fears, our hidden prejudices and hatreds to bring out the worst in people. and he does so in such a manner that he leaves people with the sense that he understands you and your problems. He constantly lies to you and makes you believe him. He does so simply to feed his own ego and greed.

Then he victimizes and uses you to achieve his own malevolent ends. Even though he is purportedly worth hundreds of millions of dollars, he convinces you to shower him with money which uses to enhance his own wealth and personal power. He uses the emotional energy which he rouses up in you to make you do and say things which you are normally too decent and patriotic to do. Ahd, in the end he will uses you, walk all over you, and thrown you away as meaningless castoffs. YOU are his first victims, which he will use you to victimize our nation and us all.

Please respond to this earnest plea to rejoin the rest of us honest, sincere, patriotic Americans in acting as a nation of caring, sincere, honest, and patriotic Americans who are truly acting in the best interests of us all. We will welcome you back. We may disagree on occasion, but we can and will resolved our differences to the best of our abilities.

wordywalt 9 June 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They won't listen

bobwjr Level 10 June 14, 2022

You can't REACH trump supporters. I live in Texas, my neighbors are decent good people and trump fanatics, WITH VERY LIMITED COGNITIVE REASONING SKILLS. EXAMPLE:
Trumper: Biden left millions of military equipment in Afghanistan to the Taliban
Me: Biden didn't HAVE millions of military equipment to give to the Taliban. The Afghan military did, do you think Biden should have tried to disarm the Afghan military ?
Trumper: you watch to much CNN and MSNBC !!!

You can't fix stupid.

Leetx Level 7 June 14, 2022

I suspect your plea will fall straight into the middle of your audience's blind spots. Moreover, they will likely see you as setting out to cause trouble.

These are good tips for trying to meet someone half way. I am close to a few trump supporters, who seem to think Trump is the holy spirit, part of the trinity. I don't want to insult them, but there might come a time when they will finally feel duped and foolish and these words might be nice to share with them at that time.

They only watch Fox news, so I'm not sure they will hear about the part where Trump was fleecing them for donations on false pretenses. But IF they do start feeling down, as if they just lost their religion, I might try a few of these lines on them. They are still wearing their red caps every day. I don't think they want to hear anything like this just yet, but hopefully someday, maybe when they stop wearing their red caps.

Doesn't to hurt to take a shot in the dark, but if they haven't figured that out by now, what makes you think they ever will? Sorry

All of have "aha" moments in which we encounter some thought or contact which causes us to trethink things. We never know what that will be.

I understand why it's important not to belittle or insult the trumpanzees. They're like people standing out on a ledge threatening to jump. If they became aware of what they've been supporting the embarrassment might kill them.

I'm sorry, but it's like when Joe Scarborough starts going back down memory lane to the "god old days" of Ronald Reagan. What Joe refuses to realize is he and the other Reagan minions laid the foundation for Trump and whatever anti-democratic insanity follows after Trumps effective political demise.
Naturally we'll accept people that leave fascism to return to American sensibilities, but waxing nostalgic about it tells me your heart is polluted by the dark side.
All of us should know fascism when we see it, but fascist pretend they don't.
After all we've dealt with fascist since long before Anakin Skywalker put on a mechanical black man suit and stole James Earl Jones voice to terrorize his fellow white people.

If one supports Trump, they are either stupid, racist, which means they are evil, or they are the greedy rich. Some are a combination of the three.There are no other reasons for following him. Anyone who thinks other wise is incredibly naive, or just hasn't been paying attention.

I prefer to belittle them.

barjoe Level 9 June 13, 2022

Does asking them probing questions to justify their position amount to belittling them?

(In my experience asking such questions of anybody with a blinkered view of the world always provokes an extreme response.)

@anglophone I don't bother even trying to engage them. The only thing that stops me from telling people to go fuck themselves is that it's not worth the trouble.

Good luck. Would love to know how many positive responses this gets from trumpers.

If a cinvince 1, that is one less Trump supporter.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:671471
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.