Agnostic.com

9 11

LINK Study Shows Widening Gap in Death Rates Between Democratic, Republican U.S. States

I don't write them, I just pass them along and bask in the afterglow.

Studies show they're dying off.

[images.app.goo.gl]

😎😎😎

SeaGreenEyez 9 June 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I fled the Trumpocalypse long ago and will never go back.

GOOD.

Not surprised

bobwjr Level 10 June 14, 2022

This LBJ quote came to mind.
The context of one of the most famous statements on race ever attributed to President Johnson, an off-the-cuff observation he made to a young staffer, Bill Moyers, after encountering a display of blatant racism during a political visit to the South. Moyers tells it in the first person:
We were in Tennessee. During the motorcade, he spotted some ugly racial epithets scrawled on signs. Late that night in the hotel, when the local dignitaries had finished the last bottles of bourbon and branch water and departed, he started talking about the racist signs. “I’ll tell you what’s at the bottom of it,” he said. “If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.”

In the blunt vernacular that he loved to use, LBJ was describing what the television pundits of today would probably call the politics of resentment and divisiveness. It is still very much with us.

It's Darwinian.

Not at all surprising; dirt-poor Republican death cultists don't live long. Not when sensible eating habits and exercise are liberal/commie plots.

So, people who don’t believe in affordable health care are dying off faster?

Color me shocked.

As the saying goes: Reality has a liberal bias.

Reminds me of the Sapolsky baboon story:

skado Level 9 June 13, 2022

I wonder why I am totally unsurprised by this finding.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:671503
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.