Agnostic.com

4 2

LINK Sen. Lindsey Graham Said He Liked Trump Because He Feared Him

(I think he doesn't understand there is a distinction between fear and respect. He seem sto see them as nearly the same thing. I find that disturbing.)

Sen. Lindsey Graham said he liked former President Donald Trump because he feared him.

"You know what I liked about Trump? Everybody was afraid of him. Including me," the South Carolina Republican said while speaking at a Faith and Freedom Coalition event in Nashville, Tennessee, on Friday.

"The Chinese ambassador came in and said, 'we're trying to figure out Trump.' I said, 'take a number, get in line."

"But here's one thing I can tell you about him – don't cross him. Don't you miss that? Don't you miss an America that people respected and were a little bit afraid of?"

snytiger6 9 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Miss Lindsey would have LOVED Nazi Germany back in the 30's and 40's...of course he would have found himself in a Concentration Camp because he was gay...which is what the RETRUMPLIKKKANs are ultimately shooting for today.

That is the direction the current republican party is trying to take the U.S. ... towards fascism.

@snytiger6 ya think...smfh

Respect my ass! Republicans thrive on fear of most anything, just as Nazis feared the craziness of Hitler, and used that to justify their fear of Jews and other marginal groups to the point of committing atrocities. Just as Russians fear Putin enough to allow the killing of the population of Ukraine, even though many have family ties there.

I think the fear turns widdle Lindsey on a whole bunch!

I asked the web if it has synonyms for respect.

“I have 93 effing synonyms,” it replied, “and fear is one of them.”

. . . correction, 93 (collectively) synonyms and antonyms for respect :

[thesaurus.com]

@FearlessFly

You’re right, and one of the fewer than 93 synonyms is fear.

Fear is only synonymous with respect in terms of respecting how a person is capable of doing harm. I don't see that aspect as being desirable in a leader.

@snytiger6 Leaders can do harm, especially when people follow them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:672529
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.