Agnostic.com

1 1

LINK World Swimming Bans Transgenders From Women's Events

I know I'll garner a lot of hate on this site, but I'm torn about this one. Lia Thomas dominating Women's NCAA Swimming when she wasn't ranked in the top 200 as a competitor in Men's Swimming, caused this backlash. As a devils advocate: Do you think it would be fair if an NBA player became gender fluid and totally dominated in WNBA? Food for thought.

barjoe 9 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If you wish to be trans, fine. Wish to play sport, fine.
But when it comes to elite sports ie professional ie paid with sponsors etc then trans people need to suck it up and concede there are female and male categories competing. They can't make a career out of sport as someone who has transitioned due to unfair advantage. This is just.

I noted they are talking about only if you made the transition after 12 or after puberty. Fair enough as that discounts hormonal advantages but makes me ask: WTF are kids doing transitioning (operations combined with medical therapy) before they are 12 or reached puberty anyway? That's just wrong imo.

puff Level 8 June 19, 2022

There are puberty blockers, and no one cares if you think it's just wrong or not.

@Willow_Wisp Allowing an immature mind to decide on life changing surgery, not for medical reasons but cosmetic ones, is not something I can condone.
If this is ok, then no reason why under 12's can't drink/ smoke either. Or decide to disable themselves so they may enjoy a life long career in begging (This happens).
Don't care what others think about my thoughts either, just putting myself out there in my stance.

@puff Hey dim light, isn't it weird how no one could ever convince you to be gay, not even when you were an "immature mind" it NEVER goes away, trust me. That's why children should be listened to on this point.

@Willow_Wisp Hey bright spark, lot of angst in my childhood, unsure of who I was. Definitely don't view myself the same as I did when I was 12. Experimentation and all that. Glad there were adults around to nurture, guide and protect me.
PS "Gay" and "trans" are not the same.

@puff No shit, I am trans, and due to being raised in the rural south in the 1960's I couldn't do much about it for fear of being murdered. Then I was a married man, then a father, then when it just started to be safe a heart condition made me drop my HRT to live out the rest of my existence in some in between state. If instead of having a holy ghost church movement to cast out my demons perhaps with todays medicine I would have had a better more fulfilling life? What do you think?
I have doubts about people ever transitioning to get a medal in some fucked up sport either, not that I give a shit about sports. My father died disappointed in me when I was trying to be as mocho as possible in an attempt to over compensate for my true nature, which my Dad learned when I was fucking four years old. I was the kid he was ashamed of even though I was smarter stronger and more self reliant then any of my siblings. He just couldn't shake the fact that when I was small I let it be known that I wanted to grow up to be a woman.
It's discouraging to see the same kind of attitudes ruining the lives of other trans kids even now 60 years after my trauma.
Thanks for fucking nothing.

@Willow_Wisp People like you need and deserve support I do not dispute that. What I dispute is medical professionals should get involved as well when people are still children.
I do have some experience with young gay/ trans types from teaching in Thailand for 3 years where every class had gays, "ladyboys" and "tomboys". I love Thailand because of their attitude to difference ie no-one cares. Great kids, but still kids. Some wanted operations later, others didn't. Obvious males wore female school uniforms and no-one cared or teased etc. Just accepted as individuals.
My attitude is this; surgical and hormonal procedures are done to replicate mature sexual attributes. So that decision should wait until mature. If a child wishes to identify and live their none biological sex, good on them and let them do it. Treat it as nothing special as it is treated in Thailand.
One of my fondest memories is watching my students practice a full dress rehearsal for a concert. All the 15-16 year old girls were gorgeous as Thai's are, especially in traditional getup. Why I remember is the choreographer, another student, was full on ladyboy, made-up everyday and very animated. She was ripping it into the girls, yelling to be more "sexy" and stopping the music to demonstrate to them how to sway their hips better, which admittedly she did. Funny as.
I found my trans students to be the most outgoing and creative students, more often than not the class captains (a thing in Thailand). This is more the natural scheme of things in my experience. We love patting ourselves on the back for our superior ways in the "West", but on this subject, some "Eastern" cultures leave us for dead, mostly Buddhist based ones.

@puff Well the world will be better off when people like you mind their own fucking business.

@Willow_Wisp Kids have no voice so I will speak on their behalf. Don't want them to turn out bitter 😉

@puff Screw you, you speak for patriarchy only. You have no good will, and if you believe you do it's only because you're lying to yourself.
If you had good will you'd leave this to the medical community and to the parents and children directly effected.
You're no different then any of the hundreds of thousands of fundamentalist so entitled that they believe their opinions on subjects they know nothing about are more important than the opinions of medical personnel.
I find your self assurance disgusting and confused.

@Willow_Wisp You want to give children the power to decide on life altering treatment concerning their physical sexuality prior to puberty.
Screw you too.
The medical community who condone children receiving life altering treatment for non medical ie not health but cosmetic reasons have opinions I disagree with.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:672581
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.