Agnostic.com

6 18

GOP State Officials, Election Workers Testify About Being Terrorized By Trump Supporters

High-ranking election officials and rank-and-file election workers told the Jan.-6 committee about the threats they received for just doing their jobs.

The Republican leader of the Arizona House of Representatives and a mother-daughter team of Georgia election workers told Congress on Tuesday about the death threats they received just for doing their jobs.

“There is nowhere I feel safe ― nowhere,” Georgia election worker Ruby Freeman told the House Jan. 6 committee. “Do you know how it feels to have the president of the United States to target you? The president of the United States is supposed to represent every American, not to target one.”

Freeman and her daughter, Shaye Moss, put human faces on Donald Trump’s effort to overthrow American democracy, with testimony about the living hell their lives became after Trump and his legal team falsely accused them of stuffing ballot boxes.

High-ranking Republicans who stood up to Trump in-2020 suffered similar fates. Arizona House Speaker Russell “Rusty” Bowers said his office was so saturated with thousands of voicemails and emails from angry Trump supporters that “we were unable to work, or at least communicate” for days.

Bowers said that even recently, his family worries what will happen on Saturdays.

“We have various groups come by and they have had video panel trucks with video proclaiming me of being a pedophile, a corrupt politician,” Bowers said. “And blaring loudspeakers in my neighborhood, and leaving literature both on my property arguing and threatening with neighbors and with myself.”

Tuesday’s hearing by the House Jan. 6 committee portrayed the threats as part of a deliberate strategy by Trump to steal the election, a strategy that predictably resulted in the riot at the Capitol as Congress certified the final result.

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 June 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Again, more evidence how one toxic scofflaw can dismantle a system that millions/billions depend.

Damn all these cowardly bullies.🤬

The nazi playbook, right down to the brown shirts, being played out in real time for all of us to see. I have not been angrier than when I heard these folks who were terrorized by the bullyboy thugs who Herr Dickwad sent after them.

zeuser Level 9 June 22, 2022

Everything the gop has done since before trump even decided to run so mirrors the tactics of past politicians and their supporters it's scary.

The ACLU should sue Rudy and others personally on behalf of the election workers whose lives were made miserable. they should do this pro bono

Leetx Level 7 June 22, 2022

I feel that it was all very deliberate.

Ya think? It's no different than the tactics employed to keep Black Americans from voting. Terrorize people and they will back away. How many good elections workers have quit? They see the courts siding with the terrorists in so many other areas these days and they know their is no one to protect them. The other little thing that happened yesterday was a SC decision that says tax payer dollars can go to fund religious oriented private schools. Eroding away the separation of church and state.
They are not even hiding their agenda, no need with the current SC.

@silverotter11 I've decided to be a poll worker in November.
There isn't a single one of those bastards who can intimidate me.

@KKGator good for you!!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:672999
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.