Agnostic.com

7 2

Any GISHers out there? I participated last year and it was so fun and crazy. And now there's an app! Have you checked it out?

Remi 7 Apr 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Had to laugh as my late partner was Iranian and Gish means to pee in Farsi!

HA! I will have to pass along this amazing info! ??

It used to be called GISHWHES for Greatest International scavenger hunt the world has ever seen. It was founded by Misha Collins, the actor on Supernatural. There is a huge task list of weird things we had to do and we only had a week to do it. You made teams of 15 people and they could be from anywhere in the world and it was a week of insanity. The tasks range from simple like bake a cake and write a message to someone you've always wanted to say and give it to them, to literally shred a bus. Some of them were go to a certain place and do something like in the Czech Republic dressed as time travelers, so some of them weren't doable for everyone. But it was so much fun. Sounds like they're going to do it again this summer, but it's been modified somewhat. [en.m.wikipedia.org]

Remi Level 7 Apr 27, 2018

Never heard of it, you should post a link?

MsAl Level 8 Apr 27, 2018

[gish.com] I looked it up, not sure what it's about but it says it's weird so that's cool

@MsAl Yea I am thinking its like a public challenge thing where people post challenges and others complete them and post the results.

@Simeon In the summer there will be a big scavenger hunt. If it's like the one we did last year he gives us a lot of crazy tasks and we and only have a week to do them all. It was so much fun

@Remi That's cool, its kinda like Geocashing except you just have to look for little boxes with geocaching. Its awesome though 😛

Is that fans of Lillian Gish???

I'm not sure who that is ? this is a scavenger hunt of sorts [en.m.wikipedia.org]

@Remi More than you wanted to know...
[en.wikipedia.org]

Never heard of it but I am also a geocacher. Can you explain what it is?

I googled Gish and I think its just geocashing with a supernatural theme? That's all I can see.

Doesn't have anything to do with geocaching. It's a scavenger hunt of sorts. You get a team of 15 people together and there is a huge task list of all kinds of crazy and weird tasks you have to do and you only have a week to do it. It was so much fun. We made a giant sand drawing, dressed up a cavewoman and went glassblowing, made self contained hammocks, high security birdhouses, and all kinds of other weirdness. [en.m.wikipedia.org]

I hope I have the same meaning of GISHer as you.
Here in Aus we have geocaching. Which is a similar thing. There's an app and people leave clues and markers which is a lot of fun. Living in a smallish town doesn't have much variety though.

I was thinking similar, I use GIS a lot in my work.

@Rugglesby Not GIS, it's a scavenger hunt of sorts. You get a huge task list of all kinds of weird and strange things to do, and you and your team only have a week to do it. There was so much fun!
[en.m.wikipedia.org]

@Remi Sounds fun, I am a Collins fan from Supernatural, I didn't know of these at all, thanks.

Can't say I have.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:67441
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.