Agnostic.com

0 7

LINK Dose 1 is done! A thank you! YLE 06/29/2022

Dose 1 is done! A thank you

Katelyn Jetelina

DOSE 1 IS DONE!!

My pandemic babies joined Elmo and got their first COVID19 vaccine today! These past 2.5 years have been so hard, but this milestone makes my mama heart so happy.

It's okay to have questions about COVID-19 vaccines for children! Elmo's dad Louie talked to their pediatrician, and learned that Elmo getting vaccinated is the best way to keep him and his whole neighborhood safe and healthy! #CaringForEachOther
June 28th 2022

There are so many people that made this possible:

Scientists before the pandemic that didn’t give up on the mRNA platform;

Scientists, pharma companies, and governments that acted fast for a vaccine once a novel virus was detected;

Hundreds of thousands of adults, children, and parents who volunteered to participate in clinical trials;

Federal regulators that met a record breaking number of times to ensure the vaccines were safe and effective;

Pediatricians, doctors, pharmacists, and health departments that navigated red tape and a tough landscape so vaccines could be offered in a wide variety of places;

Grassroots networks that are still working tirelessly to get evidence-based information to communities.

The little 25 mcg dose in my girls’ legs is a direct result of, literally, millions of people working together. Our work is not done, but our collective effort towards a vaccine preventable disease is something to celebrate. As a mom and as an epidemiologist, I’m eternally grateful to all of you that played a role. I know you’re out there. THANK YOU.

Love, YLE

HippieChick58 9 June 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:674462