Agnostic.com

4 6

LINK Florida civics teachers are being indoctrinated with Christian nationalism

Florida wants to indoctrinate public school teachers with Christian nationalism in the hopes that they’ll spread the misinformation to their students in the upcoming school year. That’s the clear takeaway based on how teachers are being trained under Gov. Ron DeSantis’ multi-million-dollar “Civics Literacy Excellence Initiative.”

Over the summer, ten voluntary three-day training seminars are taking place across the state. Teachers who attend receive a $700 stipend and are eligible for a $3,000 bonus if they complete additional tasks—which is all to say many educators are likely to attend one of these sessions if they can.

snytiger6 9 July 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think most people are there because of the money. It’s almost free money, then why not visit? I don’t think all those teachers are bringing that all in schools. And if they do, they will not be successful in most cases.
Sometimes I wonder whether the code of ethics of education exists in the US because it seems that teachers are allowed to bring anything they want into the classroom from their personal life. And it’s not only about Christian nationalism but also about “woke” teachers who are oversharing details of their personal sexual life with little kids. I despise both of these approaches and think that schools are for education, not indoctrinating with any ideology.

Who is making this shit up and making sure it is correct.Since all these idiots have a different take on it how do we know it is correct.

I would attend, nap, and pick up the funds. Teaching incorrect information is not what I would be about, sorry.

Everyone in the Bible belt has been indoctrinated with Christian nationalism all their lives.
So has everyone else in the US to some lesser extent.
When deception and confusion doesn't work for Christian nationalist then they play innocent, like "What has Christianity ever done but help everyone?" which is both confusing and deceptive.

Confusing, deceptive, and a big, fat, fucking lie.

And wrong, tell me something that has helped humanity that has come from religion alone.

@dalefvictor Right, like please list all the technologies we've developed based on religion.

@Willow_Wisp Honestly, I do not know of one. I see the bible as being negative.

@dalefvictor Congratulations! That's the list.

@Willow_Wisp Yea!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:674910
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.