Agnostic.com

2 13

...and in the park, and at the grocery store, and watching a parade on Main Street, and...

Flyingsaucesir 8 July 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Since guns are tied to militias, in the 2nd, let's ban militias. A nation with 5 military branches really doesn't need the public creating more so make them illegal and remove their weapons. YW.

That would require a constitutional amendment...a steep climb in the best of times.

@Flyingsaucesir Do it anyway. The problem with Dems is that everything has a reason why we can't begin the process. We don't seem to be fighting if we don't fight.

@rainmanjr Pour a lot of resources into an effort that you know is going to fail? Doesn't sound like a winning strategy to me.

@Flyingsaucesir Messaging is the strategy. Few believe the Dems stand for anything so we have to show that we do. Did Mitch claim he believed that saying no to Garland was going to be effective? No. It demonstrated his resolve and the Party faithful loved it. His resolve won because Obama was tepid, at best, in response.

@rainmanjr I there had been a lever to pull, Obama would have pulled it. But if Moscow Mitch was committed to not allowing a hearing or a vote on Garland, there wasn't anything to be done except vociferate. That's assuming you're not willing to put two small caliber bullets in the back if his head.

@Flyingsaucesir Obama had something called a Bully Pulpit and constitutional law. He used neither. Just shrugged and went off about other shit. He didn't even suggest that a lot of Russian businessmen seemed to be involved in 45's campaign because HE WAS WORRIED IT WOULD LOOK BAD.

@rainmanjr He got the Justice Department going on an investigation into the Trump Campaign, and he did complain bitterly about having his nominations held up. We all did. But McConnell held all the cards.

@Flyingsaucesir He didn't complain hard enough. Mitch would have (if reversed) and won, I'm sure. This is precisely my point about Dems. We walk away instead of turning it into an advantage.

@rainmanjr Bitching and moaning without actually changing anything can get old pretty fast. You end up looking weak and pathetic.

Just because you suck it up and move on does not mean you forget or are not free to bring up the issue at any time in the future.

@Flyingsaucesir That's exactly what many think Dems do. Bitch and moan. Cons don't bitch, they act and win. Pushing their argument forward as if it's legal, logical, or legit until they score.

@rainmanjr Christian nationalists lie and cheat. If we do that then we're no better.

@Flyingsaucesir Oh well.

The justices can't remove themselves from the results of their decisions. They will be held accountable.

I sincerely doubt that.

@rainmanjr OK, they SHOULD be held accountable.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:675192
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.