Agnostic.com

3 4

Public information is critical for the maintenance of a democracy. In this country newspapers are crashing and most have had to raise their subscription rates which further impedes public information. Notice how the more liberal areas seem to have more public access to newsprint than the conservative areas.

JackPedigo 9 July 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This was engineered by the Right and mega rich holding companies to make people more dependent on Fox News. IMHO

No news is good news.

No news feeds stupidity!

@JackPedigo

Not when it comes from the propaganda machines. Like the mainstream programed and mind control news.

@Castlepaloma Please identify the mainstream programmed and mind control news.

@yvilletom

One example is Trudeau over truckers freedom convoy. Everyone with eyes, ears and a record amount of podcast networks can see. It was like Canada day times 100 or a love fest not a nazi takeover of the Government. Trudeau has the largest investment in the media and the vaccines. Control the media , they control the minds of the people.

@Castlepaloma So 'mainstream' media is out and fringe media is in. Makes lots of sense (not).

@JackPedigo

I trust much more a strong individual views in conversation for 1/2 hour to 6 hours. Than a wealthy owned mainstream media, that do sound bites of 5 minutes and twist it toward their agenda, not your personal experiences. With corperation agenda which most of America is a corporation, not a Country or rarely a real person. These second rated actors, are not reporters. They are paid to read you their many times hand me down scripts. These mainstream parrots or robots give out constant garbage. Which I report these freak shows and go the opposite way.

They don't give a shit about your independence or your individual life, at all.

@Castlepaloma I agree corporations have their own, stilted ideas many of which are a big part of the problem. But many news media is about strong, democratic journalism. There are lots of journalists who care deeply for the country and a recent bell curve analysis of many of these media platform showed where they stand. PBS/NPR are closest to the top and only slightly left. Also, knowledge and experiences are critical so long as they are backed by critical thinking practices.

NV has only one newspaper, owned by the Adelson family (very Con), but a few online state papers. I read The NV Current and Jon Ralston, a great local political writer, publishes The NV Independent.

Here we have 3 main islands and 3 local papers. The Seattle and NY Times can both be gotten on all the islands and on the western Washington cities as well. It is owned by a family but a very liberal family.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:675249
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.