Agnostic.com

4 12

Now I know why Thomas Cook went broke LOL!

THESE ARE ACTUAL COMPLAINTS RECEIVED BY "THOMAS COOK VACATIONS" FROM DISSATISFIED CUSTOMERS:

1. "They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax."

2. "On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food."

3. "We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish."

4. "We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our own swimsuits and towels. We assumed it would be included in the price."

5. "The beach was too sandy. We had to clean everything when we returned to our room."

6. "We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as white but it was more yellow."

7. "It's lazy of the local shopkeepers in Puerto Vallartato close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time -- this should be banned."

8. "No-one told us there would be fish in the water. The children were scared."

9. "Although the brochure said that there was a fully equipped kitchen, there was no egg-slicer in the drawers."

10. "I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local convenience store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts."

11. "The roads were uneven and bumpy, so we could not read the local guide book during the bus ride to the resort. Because of this, we were unaware of many things that would have made our holiday more fun."

12. "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair."

13. "I compared the size of our one-bedroom suite to our friends' three-bedroom and ours was significantly smaller."

14. "The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the resort.' We're trainee hairdressers and we think they knew and made us wait longer for service."

15. "When we were in Spain, there were too many Spanish people there. The receptionist spoke Spanish, the food was Spanish. No one told us that there would be so many foreigners."

16. "We had to line up outside to catch the boat and there was no air-conditioning."

17. "It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel."

18. "I was bitten by a mosquito. The brochure did not mention mosquitoes."

19. "My fiancée and I requested twin-beds when we booked, but instead we were placed in a room with a king bed. We now hold you responsible and want to be re-reimbursed for the fact that I became pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."

Source: Peter Dickinson

Lorajay 9 July 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Insurance claims are even worse

Because of the accident my wife has spent three months in bed under her doctor

The accident was the other mans fault, he admitted he had been knocked down before

Discharge status: Alive, but without my permission.

Coming home I drove in to the wrong driveway and hit a tree I haven't got

On the second day, my knee felt much better, and on the third day it disappeared

The cause of the collision was me waving to the man I hit last week

I have found I have chest pain if I lie on my left side for over a year.

I drove out of my garage straight into a bus. In my defense the bus was 5 minutes early

I began seeing the doctor in 1993, I have been depressed ever since

I collided with a stationary lamp post coming in the other direction

The indirect cause of the accident was a little guy in a small car with a big mouth.

My doctor assured me he could get me pregnant, but after much time and expense I am still unsatisfied

A claim for malpractice is not justified as the patient has had no previous history of suicides

This is where the term "Ugly American" came from!

Exactly !!

I live in a resort condominium and one of the complaints we hear is that the visitors like to sleep with the windows open, but the ocean waves are too loud. Um... what does "oceanfront condo" mean to them, I wonder? Close the window, problem solved!

You have missed the two other things that are wrong with your condo. the air would be fresh but for the sea birds flying through the air, and the fish swimming in the ocean make noise when they flap around. Here in Oregon we have fresh air but we have to screen out the birds, the roads are clear, but the elk do not cross the road where their signs are placed. Is it not hell living in these places?

@dalefvictor Yes, and then to complicate things further, we can see birds diving in the water, and fish flying up into the air.. I'm sure some of these paying guests don't expect those strange occurences!

@Julie808 Yes, I would expect Hawaii to be just like the middle of Texas, that is why I would travel there.

Years ago my wife and I helped a Mexican woman who was struggling dealing with her packages and her 80+ year-old father. She was shocked -- "But you guys are American. Americans are never nice." We ended up spending a lot of time together. She was desperate for company.

We always seem to acquire reputations as weirdos. Everywhere we go we seek out locals' hangouts. We tell fellow travelers -- "If we wanted it to be like home, we'd have stayed home." Ha, ha. 😋

I heard an interview with the author of a book entitles, "Bad Mexicans" [google.com]
Interesting as I now feel that the Mexican did not fight well enough, much of our history and people would have been far better off had we lived under Mexican rule, than the Christian shit we now have.

@dalefvictor
Mexico has always been a bit of an interesting case to me. Growing up in AZ there was a remarkable amount of (mild by my standards) corruption. But if you paid attention to the rules it was easy to get by. It was a lot scarier to visit Las Vegas than it was to visit Northern Mexico.

But now with the gangs and cartels servicing the American drug market I am afraid enough to just stay away.
I don't begin to know the rules any more and there's way too much casual violence to suit me.
We stayed at a beach north of Puerto Vallarta about 10 years ago and it was wild seeing teenage Mexican army kids patrolling the beaches carrying M-16s. That's not what we want to run into day-to-day.

@RichCC I was in Jaurez in 1970 and I was not shocked but concerned when a truckload of soldiers arrived at a market and came into the store. I knew it was a foreign country and I had only the rights they were going to give me. The soldiers wanted something to eat and drink, so they got back into the truck and left. Later, I was in a fancy store that had a lot of expensive native art objects, A soldier came up to me and gave me a card, it was the exchange rate for the US to Mexican money. I happened to notice that the soldier had an automatic pistol in his holster, the hammer was cocked. These guys did not f** around.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:675370
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.