Agnostic.com

30 5

In your experience, do opposites attract?

Do opposites really attract?
Or, are we attracted to likeness?

What's your personal preference, more alike or more different?

silvereyes 8 Dec 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Both actually if we were exactly the same we would get bored but if we had some minor differences then our ideas would be able to expand from a no I'm always right christian attitude.

Both! Similarities cause us to want to expand and validate ourselves. Opposites challenge us towards change and acceptance of that which is different.

Wife says sometimes. I say situations and moments , scents, speech, and femones cause a reaction. Sometimes looks help.

I like different..why? Mysterious and illusions stimulate disire and curiosity. The scent of a woman is special and she gives off one with her perfume that can drive a man wild. Just ask your husband...lol. all females are and can be a dynamic influence over any situation.....

Oh yes... we do like a lot of the same stuff. But her opposite side helped too. My wife of course.

I think there is some truth to this, but it's the wrong word. It should be "complements attract." Someone opposite in some way could complement a person, but to an extreme would lead to conflict.

As an example, I personally could profit from an extroverted woman, to make up for my introversion, but not too much of an extrovert. Perhaps it might even be better to describe it as less introverted. I wouldn't want someone who was so different that she had difficulties understanding my introversion and what that entails, and vice versa. I suspect such an understanding diminishes the more opposite two people are.

Opposites attract the same way that it is hard to divert your eyes from a traffic accident as you drive by. You might even be tempted to pull over and become involved somehow. Good relationships are built on trust and compatibility. I'd rather live in the warmth of such a relationship than in the firestorm of a mismatch.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6758
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.