Agnostic.com

5 2

LINK The only demographic in America that reliably opposes abortion access is older men

The only demographic in America that reliably opposes abortion access is men over the age of 50, according to an analysis of data provided to Insider from Gallup's annual survey on abortion. ...

snytiger6 9 July 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am a member of that demographic group and your statistic is incorrect.

It doesn’t say every man in that age bracket. I certainly am there but totally support women’s rights, along with everyone else’s. But if you look at the Republican legislators in the states working to restrict those rights, as well as at the Federal level, I’m sure you’d agree that most fit within that demographic.

@Barnie2years it doesn't say "most" and it doesn't say "some". In Set Theory, the default is "all".

Now that is just silly! Look at 99% of the protestors, back under Bush I (I was there!) And now

Well, you can't expect the old guys to miss the game on TV to go to a protest.

82% of men and 81% of women 50 and up support abortion in at least some condition.

The other interesting statistic, for me, was that older women have only recently become majority pro-choice. 47% still indicates that's the group most essential to understand. I postulate it's because women are more religious than men and religion is the problem. Why America is even entertaining a religious demand for anything is beyond me as it's prohibited in constitution. I know, the SCOTUS Six. They were seated because of support for favoring Con "leadership" even when they lost the popular votes. That 6% of women who have become pro-choice would have helped against Jr43, Don the Con, and RR. For all the Feminist claims it seems that women are the bigger enemy of women.

Reading the biography of Susan B. Anthony. She had the same problem of women impeding their own progress. Same with Phyllis Schlafly and her followers when they were trying to pass the equal rights amendment in the sixties. The pro choice have to come out to vote en mass to counter their Right Wing sisters.

@Barnie2years Yep. Attacking the men only throws cover for the anti-choice women while they get stroked for achievements derived from being sisters. Kind of like how Cons against 45 are now the major guests for MSNBC/CNN instead of bestowing respect for Dems who were never part of the Con machine. Possibly there's a connection in how women look for successful people to carry their water? Successful people often get successful on the backs of those they sell out.

These are the same ones who probably paid for illegal abortions when they were in their 20’s. If it was good enough for them, it should work for everybody.

Abortion on demand was the law of the land when I was in my 20s. It's not now.

I'm part of that demographic. I think they should abort everybody.

barjoe Level 9 July 10, 2022

Yeah, I am a part of the demographic too, only I guess for people my age I am in the minority.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:676111
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.