Agnostic.com

8 7

LINK Half of G.O.P. Voters Ready to Leave Trump Behind, Poll Finds

Far from consolidating his support, the former president appears weakened in his party, especially with younger and college-educated Republicans. Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida is the most popular alternative.

snytiger6 9 July 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Republicans who don’t support Trump (Rino’s) need to be removed from office. That would include republicans like Romney, Cheney and a host of others.

That would move republicans further towards fascism.

@snytiger6 Trump was not a fascist.

@Trajan61 He wanted to be one. He had a lot of admiration for dictators around the world, as he wanted to be one himself and was frustrated with the governmental power being divided between the three branches. He tried to end democracy by overturning the election. He demanded personal loyalty to himself over loyalty to the country or the constitution. He demonized persons of color pretty often... Trump wanted to take us down the road towards fascism.

I am a bit worried, as DeSantis, who is more competent than Trump, might succeed where Trump failed in moving us towards fascism. He is a lot more power hungry and has already put limitations in place on what can and cannot be taught in schools in Florida, as well as restricting the rights of women. If he becomes president, unless you are a heterosexual white male you will be screwed over.

@snytiger6 I disagree. I think DeSantis and Cruz would make great presidents. Far better than that idiot we have now.

Problem is they are just going to support DeSatan, Trump 3.0 (a major upgrade: smarter, better prepared, much more politically savvy). If he runs against Biden, we are screwed. Democrats need to come out with a candidate with mass appeal throughout the Party spectrum to get the voters out.

When, they find what DeSantis is all about, they will leave him to. DeSantis is a bigger menence than the holy orange baboon.

My worry is that they won't find out what DeSantis is really like until it is too late.

They'll still vote for him in droves if he gets the nomination.

Once Trump is gone, a large portion of the media will attempt to portray DeSantis as a monster.

BD66 Level 8 July 12, 2022

AS IF that would be difficult.....

DeathSantis IS a monster

DeSantis and Cruz are good alternative canadates to replace Trump if he decides not to run.

That sounds just great to me - split the vote right down the middle.
Half of Repubs should vote with Trump and his acolytes. The other half should vote for someone else.😏

RichCC Level 8 July 12, 2022

DeSantis is doing stuff in Florida that will attract few if any of the GOP voters who are ready to leave Trump.

To whom would they go?

@Organist1 Trump will get the 33-36% of Repubs who are authoritarian, religious, and who want fascism. The others can vote the down-ballot candidates. Maybe Romney.

@Organist1 It may be IYO vs. IMO. A nickel says it’s IMO. Where is your nickel? (grin)

@yvilletom I don't have one. 🙂 I'm really only interested in how aggressive the Democrats can become in order to defeat fascism, as Trump or any Trump light would be disastrous for this country.

@Organist1 Clarifying.

The arc of history leans from tyranny toward democracy.

In 1776 Americans rebelled against a monarchic-aristocracy and in 1787 secretly created a plutocratic oligarchy. What they said was kept secret for fifty years.

You prolly know Ben Franklin’s reply, “...if you can keep it.”

I’ve read that the word “fascism” appeared about 1870.

Our generation’s ruling class untruthfully refer to our plutocratic oligarchy as “our democracy”.

If our generation replace our plutocratic oligarchy with fascism, another generation will have an opportunity to replace it with a government more democratic than ours. I don’t see more democracy as a disaster.

@yvilletom It will most likely involve a revolution. I don't like the idea that.my son and his generation would have to go through that. I just don't.

Frying pan meet fire...how is this supposed to make me (us) feel....?

S’posed to make us/you feel like being activists.

You might as well get ready. After the disastrous policies of the Democraps they will lose big this fall and again in 2024.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:676403
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.