Agnostic.com

3 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The one captioned, "An exotic dancer in Florida demonstrating that her underwear was too large for her to have exposed herself after police officers arrested her for public indecency," should be subcaptioned, "Moon over Miami."

There is one captioned, "Race organizers attempting to stop Katherine Switzer from competing in the 1967 Boston Marathon."

It should be captioned, "Fellow marathoners block race organizers attempting to stop Katherine Switzer from competing in the 1967 Boston Marathon." Her fellow racers actually fought off the organizers.

Great photos!

@SeaGreenEyez That is the one l can't get out of my head. She looks like she is napping. I have been up there. I have a fear of heights and the idea of jumping from there makes my stomach feel a little weird. She was so young. It is sad. I have personally known 5 people who have taken their lives, two l had played music with, and while l was shocked and saddened. I understood why they did it.

@SeaGreenEyez l have thought in the last couple of years that it might be the way l choose to leave this place. I'm not trying to be dramatic, but l can see since l had no children, that l could find myself so lonely, and with nothing to look forward to, that it is a possibility. It is the how l would have to figure out. I know it won't be jumping off of a building. I wouldn't want to go out in abject terror.

@SeaGreenEyez It isn't dark to me. It is a real issue. Religion has made it a taboo issue. If there is no longer anything to look forward to in life, especially if you are alone, what is the point of hanging around? Playing music is what l have to look forward to at this time. When that ends, who knows.

@SeaGreenEyez It is so important to have something to look forward to, whether it is a hobby or something like a career you love, like playing music for me, or someone in your life you really enjoy being with and sharing things with; otherwise you just exist, and that can get tedious. Knowing your situation, l do understand how you got in that frame of mind, but l do hope you find something or someone to change that. I sincerely mean this. You seem like a really nice person who deserves more than just going to work.

@SeaGreenEyez Even baby steps are steps. I am glad Mister Cat came home. 🤗

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:677301
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.