Agnostic.com

5 1

How are all you Europeans doing with the heat?

wildgarden 4 July 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

20 th July & I see on the news that the English fire brigade can't cope with a few bushfires. - houses have been burning down.

I like it, but my garden does not. OH well !

So long to the lettuce, I bet.

Those are typical summer temperatures here in the Midwest

BD66 Level 8 July 18, 2022

They keep asking (wrong) people on streets, at beaches, etc., who are from hot countries and regions like India and the Mediterranean "How are you coping with this heat?" They respond "Where I come from, it's over 40C everyday. This is pleasant." Lol

Ryo1 Level 8 July 18, 2022

Oh no!! Kinda funny though.

We were all told this is going to happen but Americans didn't care enough to do anything about warming. I doubt we care much now.

Look at global coal consumption by country.

@BD66 I've known since 1990.

@rainmanjr I'll make it easy on you.

1 China 4,319,921,826,000 50.5 % 3,055.00
2 India 966,288,692,600 11.3 % 729.54
3 United States 731,071,000,000 8.5 % 2,263.27

[worldometers.info]

China and India consume 61.3% of the world's coal. The USA consumes 8.5%

@BD66 Fake news and deflection, BD.

@rainmanjr You don't believe the USA consumes 8.5% of the world's coal?

@BD66 I think it has been consuming more of it and only recently fell thanks to green energy becoming more dominant. I also think what other nations consume is irrelevant to improving our own nation, economy, and national interests. It's time we grow up.

@rainmanjr

Americans decrease our coal consumption every year, and China and India increase their coal consumption every year, so your original assignment of blame "We were all told this is going to happen but Americans didn't care enough to do anything about warming." is completely off base. Here are how the numbers have changed over time:

@BD66 Ah, I see your claim now. Okay, we didn't care to do enough for warming. You like that better? The end remains the same.

@rainmanjr What we do is irrelevant as long as China and India keep burning more coal every year.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:677320
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.